Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 07:46 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@Supernovauranus wrote:

Ok guys so i figured it out FINALLY!!!! I got Earc to work. So the problem was that i had the wrong hdmi cable you need a high speed hdmi cable that has Ethernet*. AS you can see in the box it says ethernet. I got this hdmi cable at walmart for $44. There was a 4k one with ethernet too but i said what the heck i might get a 8k tv in the future. but yeah guys this fix my problem instantly. I can finally play my games with Vrr and HDR at 120fps . Dolby atmos sound so good in Modern Warfare.

105392043_1238967683156926_5896815379958856924_n.jpg

It's because eARC is using ethernet channel. 

0 Likes
Denis27310
First Poster
Options

🙏

0 Likes
jbdred
Journeyman
Options

I am using  Belkin hdmi cable that is rated for 48mbps and it works great.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Does your Samsung soundbar say eARC when connected to tv?

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
Yeah but does the soundbar accually show eARC on the soundbar display? Mine does not but have atmos with my Xbox One X directly plugged into the soundbar?
0 Likes
Supernovauranus
First Poster
Options
Yes my soundbar does say earc when is activated. I got my information from this guy and he said that you need to buy a hdmi that says it has ethernet.
https://youtu.be/dbOrKuTd5gw
0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
What tv you got? As my Samsung q90r soundbar with my Xbox directly plugged into the sound bar scrolls Dolby atmos and plays in atmos.

Even my nvidia shield with Netflix comes up atmos.

If I plug the xbox directly through tv cannot get atmos at all. Yet directly in soundbar get atmos and the dolby atmos xbox app tells you if you got atmos and the demo is amazing. And ready player one 4k blu-ray sounds amazing in atmos.

So puzzled why you need an hdmi with ethernet when I am already getting atmos with high speed cable through xbox.

My Nivia shield is getting atmos through soundbar as I use I rather than tv speakers. No special cable other than the one supplied by the Sansung q90r soundbar and says atmos when playing atmos movies or series through soundbar and netfilx that are in atmos show up I the Nivia shield app.
0 Likes
CB-33
Explorer
Options
Thanks for all the info / replies folkes..however I am still NOT getting eArc on display neither Atmos 😡 ! I have now since my original post plugged my Sony 4K player directly into the Soundbar & still not Atmos when playing at Atmos movie, so either must be the HDMI Cables or my Tv or One Connect box just simply not compatible as someone mentioned earlier. I have ordered an HDMI 2.1 Cable in hope to see if that works although I am using Quality HDMI high speed 2.0 Cables at present. I am sure the update is done as it states on my Samsung Smart things app for the Q90R - Firmware Version 1010.5, other than this I am TOTALLY LOSSED as to why NO eArc & NO Atmos DISPLAY ??🤔
0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
Is your bluray player says in specs it does atmos? I know on the Sansung Q90R you got to turn on HDMI plus in settings. My Xbox one X is plugged in directly into soundbar and get atmos. Even my Nivia shield gets atmos going through soundbar.

Xbox is plugged into hdmi 1 on soundbar directly. eArc to arc hdmi on samsung q90r tv. Nvida shield into hdmi 1 on one connect box. Switch off tv soeakers so coming through soundbar and even when playing nvidia shield comes up as atmos in soundbar display.

I know in samsung tvs people are not turning on hdmi plus in settings. This must be enabled.
0 Likes
vladlenas
Apprentice
Options

After the update, my Shield 2019 loses the image if connected via q70r.
My configuration is Shield >> q70r >> LG SK9500 HDMI ARC.
I'm already tired of this soundbar, recently Samsung products are of very poor quality. And support is at a very low level, so much time has passed since the purchase and the soundbar still does not work correctly.

0 Likes