Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 17-06-2020 12:56 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
CB-33
Explorer
Options

Hello All

I have done the latest Firmware update 1010.5 for my Samsung HW-Q90R Soundbar system (Sub & 2 Rears)

I do NOT see eArc in display on Soundbar only TV Arc, when I play a film in Dolby Atmos I do NOT see Dolby Atmos scroll accross the Soundbar as I believe you should from what I have read on this thread. Also how does one see all these Setting no.s or codes that are mentioned on this thread ?

I have a Samsung QE55-9FN TV using the One Connect box for all Devices/HDMI connections. I have the Soundbar connected to the Arc HDMI port.

My set up also includes a Sony UBP-X800 4K Player, PS4 Pro, Nvidia Shield TV Box.

I would like to know , how can I tell if I am actually getting Dolby Atmos when playing a Disc on my Sony Player that has Dolby Atmos sound, or watching a Movie in Atmos on TV through the Shield Box or on TV if programme is in Atmos or using say Netflix.

Also how do I know my HW-Q90R has updated to eArc ? as not sure if my TV using the One connect is actually eArc compatible ?

I welcome hearing from the Community on anything related to this update for the HW-Q90R system particularly getting Atmos sound & any settings I may need to tweek/ change on my Soundbar, TV, 4K player, Nvidia Shield box or PS4Pro or anything else may need to do / change.

Many thanks for your time

CB-33

0 Likes
CB-33
Explorer
Options
..just to add these are the settings I refered to, how do you get these to display ?
HW-Q90R
M - 0128.0
B - 1010.5 
H - 0051.0 
FD - 0040.0 
W - 0240.0
S - 0136.0
RR - 0136.0
RL -  0136.0

0 Likes
Alexandri
Pathfinder
Options

@CB-33 wrote:

Hello All

I have done the latest Firmware update 1010.5 for my Samsung HW-Q90R Soundbar system (Sub & 2 Rears)

I do NOT see eArc in display on Soundbar only TV Arc, when I play a film in Dolby Atmos I do NOT see Dolby Atmos scroll accross the Soundbar as I believe you should from what I have read on this thread. Also how does one see all these Setting no.s or codes that are mentioned on this thread ?

I have a Samsung QE55-9FN TV using the One Connect box for all Devices/HDMI connections. I have the Soundbar connected to the Arc HDMI port.

My set up also includes a Sony UBP-X800 4K Player, PS4 Pro, Nvidia Shield TV Box.

I would like to know , how can I tell if I am actually getting Dolby Atmos when playing a Disc on my Sony Player that has Dolby Atmos sound, or watching a Movie in Atmos on TV through the Shield Box or on TV if programme is in Atmos or using say Netflix.

Also how do I know my HW-Q90R has updated to eArc ? as not sure if my TV using the One connect is actually eArc compatible ?

I welcome hearing from the Community on anything related to this update for the HW-Q90R system particularly getting Atmos sound & any settings I may need to tweek/ change on my Soundbar, TV, 4K player, Nvidia Shield box or PS4Pro or anything else may need to do / change.

Many thanks for your time

CB-33

Your tv does Not support eARC. And for your TV there is no Update Plan With eARC. 

you can only try to put your devices dieecrly into the soundbar. 

0 Likes
Denis27310
First Poster
Options

hi, i have the Q90r soundbar and the QE55Q85R tv. I have the same numbers as you. the Atmo is displayed on the bar and I'm waiting for the next tv update for the eArc. Bye

0 Likes
CB-33
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your quick reply.

So what would be my best way to connect my devices to the Soundbar ? and can I only use the Arc Hdmi port on the Soundbar with each device individually in order to get Atmos which would mean constant plugin & unpluggin or can I use the other 2 Hdmi ports also, say Tv & Nvidia Shield box & get Atmos sound that way or will it only pass through Arc port ?

Thanks again

0 Likes
CB-33
Explorer
Options
..where, how do you see / view those no.s ?
0 Likes
Denis27310
First Poster
Options

I have on the bar there is only the TV which is connected. everything else, computer, and console are plugged into the One Connect Box. Namely, I have the atmosphere to display on the bar with the computer (depending on the source) and the TV.

0 Likes
KakBakkes
First Poster
Options
I'm having this exact same problem. I got my new Q80R delivered today and after basic set-up it worked, both HDMI and Spotify Connect. Later this evening I tried again, and got the exact problem that you're describing, except for me it shows "HDMI2" instead of "D.IN", probably because that was my last selected output.

Really need some help, as it's a shame if this expensive soundbar won't work.
CB-33
Explorer
Options
Tonight I connected my Sony 4K player directly into the Soundbar, (Hdmi 2 port), played a Dolby Atmos film - Iron Man 3 & still nothing comes up on Soundbar display confirming if in Dolby Atmos ??
0 Likes
Denis27310
First Poster
Options

it is recommended to connect your soundbar to the TV via HDMI-ARC (this cable must be 2.0 minimum)

0 Likes