Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 07-06-2020 04:56 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
pf1981
Student
Options

Hi,

Yesterday I bought a new q90r soundbar. Havent been able to pair the subwoofer (blue light always flashing intermittently). SmarThings says firmware is updated to the last available version (did it yesterday but i'm not sure if the whole process was well succedeed). On checking the installed firmware I get all the correct last versions except for S, where it states "S - 0000.0" (the subwoofer is properly plugged with blue light always flashing). Have any one experienced this or have any idea on how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

pf1981
Student
Options
Trying to understand how this works, perhaps its because the subwoofer cannot pair, it gets S - 0000.0 (on the same way if it was disconnected from the plug). So the real problem is the connectivity of the subwoofer (unable to do it on a manual way as described on the user manual).
0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Problem with Left Surround speaker.. Yesterday my left surround speaker is start to fast blinking blue light and I cant no more pairing with main unit,dont know what happend but I cant do nothing,try to unplug from eletricity with no luck,try everytning to connect him but nothing,he blinks blue led when is soundbar is off and dont work..I look on display on soundbar and show me RL 0000.0 .. Till yesterday it's works perfectly !! Anybody know how to fix him before call support ??

0 Likes
Zoehir
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same problem with my subwoofer. It is very difficult to connect the subwoofer with soundbar. Sometimes it works but then it losses his connection and the blue light is blinking again.

Hopefully somebody can help me with that? Is it possible that it is causing some with something? i already tried to disconnect the microwave, i have alsog tried to disable the 5 ghz of my router. The subwoofer is close to the soundbar.

I did already read someting in the forum with someone who did something with dfc channel of the 5ghz network.

I can t figure it out. Hopefully somebody can tell me something?

0 Likes
NAPHAT
Student
Options

I just updated the firmware v. 1010.5 after that can not connect subwoofer anymore please help.

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

It's astonishing how Samsung worked on the update for a long time, postponing it month by month, then ***** it up all over the line anyway. And we're talking here about soundbar firmware, nothing extremaly demanding.

Kudos!

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Something is not good in that new update... From 09.02.2020 till 07.06.2020 my left surround speaker is works perfect!!?? Complete soundbar is works perfect till yesterday!!! Why left surround speaker turn off now ...I dont know !!!!!???? 🤦‍♂️

0 Likes
NAPHAT
Student
Options
Same problem .i feel irritated so far.
0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Me too, very !!!! 😡 

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

So I thing we must wait new update from Samsung to fix this bug...!? :face-with-rolling-eyes:

0 Likes