Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 31-05-2020 03:57 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
amaradam
Journeyman
Options

Dolby atmos not supported yet on Youtube app

skipperab
Explorer
Options
Thanks
0 Likes
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options
Youtube does not stream in Atmos. Not even in 5.1.
Matt49
Apprentice
Options

I've received my unit yesterday. Already wasted hours trying to make it work properly. Upgraded firmware including on Sub, RR, RL. They show the latest versions:

b11010.5
h51.0
fd40.0
w240.0
s136.0
rr0.0
rl0136.0

Still, the pairing is random, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Mostly it doesn't work.

Even when I manage to pair all 3 remote speakers, then I run a sound test and often one of them will disconnect. I'm almost sure that one of them is worse than the others as it connects less often. it is extremely frustrating to have a premium device mis-behave like this.

Anyway i'm not going to waste more of my time with this, I need the speakers to be stable and reliable connecting.

I had not purchased Samsung before and will never purchase it again. I wil send the unit back for refund.

I should have trusted you all in the forums with all these problems which I read about it before buying. silly me for still buying it 😐

All the best to you all!

Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

You took the right decision. It just does not make any sense that such premium product does not work right out of the box. 

The behavior of these series of soundbars  is completely random, for some they work flawlessly for others don't.

I've been lucky and I did not experienced any issue. I have to be honest, the hw-q90r is a beast when it works, and the best Atmos soundbar in my opinion. But Samsung, come on , getting things right should not be as difficult as assembling a space ship to travel to Mars. I mean, things like hidden functions in the remote, the insane system to update the rears and subwoofer,  functions that nobody really knows what are for like Virtual on/off.

Competition is catching up, and launching better and better products. This year we have a new lineup, and new premium Soundbars. Please Samsung , make sure that the basics are easy for the normal costumer: connection, stability, reliability, updating. And also, please make the goddamn rear speakers loud with non atmos content. 

mauromol
Pioneer
Options

@Matt49 wrote:

Still, the pairing is random, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Mostly it doesn't work.

You must have a defective unit. I never had any problem at all with rear speakers and subwoofer connections. Never had to manually pair them. Never had a single disconnection. All speakers connect instantly as soon as I turn on the main unit and go to stand by as soon as I turn the main unit off.

I would contact Samsung customer support.

0 Likes
shinzune
Apprentice
Options

Ma che voi sappiate il dts HD master e compatibili, il lo sento basso rispetto al Dolby digital 

0 Likes
jbdred
Journeyman
Options
Really sorry to hear this i have had 2 Samsung Atmos bars and none of them have had cooperation issues like your have, they worked right out of the box. This sounds like a huge quality control problem and it is unfortunate your getting the brunt of it.
0 Likes
Diytech
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same set (C9 OLED and Q80R). I see lip sync issues. How did you perform firmware update with Smartthings and Soundbar? Cna you share details. Thanks in advance.

@skipperab wrote:

I have a LG 65" C9 OLED and a Q80R soundbar. After updating the firmware to 1010.5 the lip sync issues I previously experienced are gone. The soundbar indicates eArc on the display and Dolby Atmos when it is available through the Netflix and Dolby apps on my LG. However I don’t get any indication that I’m receiving an Atmos feed when I use the YouTube app through the LG. I would appreciate some feedback if anyone can help me. Thanks

0 Likes
skipperab
Explorer
Options

Diytech

yes I updated the firmware through the SmartThings app. If you want to discuss this by phone please feel free to call me at(403) 845-4518. 

0 Likes