Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 30-05-2020 06:06 AM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
MGTC
Student
Options

Hey mate have you sorted out this problem? I got those number as well. Thanks 

0 Likes
MGTC
Student
Options

Hi James are you sure it's the power button that we need to hold down in order to update the subwoofer? I thought it was the down arrow button. Thanks 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MGTC wrote:

Hi James are you sure it's the power button that we need to hold down in order to update the subwoofer? I thought it was the down arrow button. Thanks 

Hi @MGTC  Sorry that was an error,have updated post- though the information in the link was correct.   Yes you need to hold the down button for 6 seconds to up date the subwoofer.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
skipperab
Explorer
Options

I just purchased the HW-Q80R today and have done the update via SmartThings app. The display on my soundbar now indicates eArc. I also own the LG C9 Oled which has functional eArc. How do I know if my soundbar has the latest firmware update? And can I somehow check on my soundbar the full version numbers you have indicated? 

0 Likes
bluedog69
Explorer
Options

Hold down the gear shape btton on remote,

HW-Q80R
M -  0128.0 

B -  1010.5

H -  0051.0 

FD -  0040.0 

W -  0033.0 

S - 0033.0

samlee
Student
Options

i have exact the same number after update my q80r after using Smartthings app

0 Likes
samlee
Student
Options
me too
0 Likes
samlee
Student
Options
i have the same no
0 Likes
MGTC
Student
Options

Do you guys who are  getting those numbers after the update also have the rear speaker kit? I'm just wondering if that's why we can not get the subwoofer and rear number updated. I'm stuck with W 0033.0 and S 0033.0. But in a couple of days I will receive my rear speakers kit and will try another update and see what happens. 

0 Likes
skipperab
Explorer
Options

I have a LG 65" C9 OLED and a Q80R soundbar. After updating the firmware to 1010.5 the lip sync issues I previously experienced are gone. The soundbar indicates eArc on the display and Dolby Atmos when it is available through the Netflix and Dolby apps on my LG. However I don’t get any indication that I’m receiving an Atmos feed when I use the YouTube app through the LG. I would appreciate some feedback if anyone can help me. Thanks