Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 25-05-2020 07:40 AM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
went1
Explorer
Options

Yes. in light of all the problems deatailed here, its worth noting that after some fiddles its working beautiffully. And souns amazing. pleaased with purchase. Although, one observation is after a week, I have yet to discern any obvious Atmos Height channel audio even though my bar displays Atmos . The best soundtracks i've heard so far have actually been 5.1. Is Perhaps it was my expectations that had too much height. Don't get me wrong this system is worth a grand for the audio quality it delivers as a well integegrated wireless 5.1 system regardless. No regrets. But perhaps for me the jury's still parshelly out on the atmos height bit. Are there any movies that desmomstarte it wonderfully?

0 Likes
zhirandell
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
shinzune
Apprentice
Options
Il mio problema è suona in dts HD master si ho no in arc perché con la ysp suonava
0 Likes
Gezmelb
Apprentice
Options

I've given up on it and returning it back for the new lg sounbar

Agechamp
Student
Options

Yep, I've also given up and got rid on mine. 

Bose 700 for me. And wow it's so much better.  

0 Likes
Hopper147
First Poster
Options

Mines in box ready to return luckily , I was going to just rebuy it and not allow the update to take place as I've looked about and can't see a replacement that would all being well be better 

so is the Bose atmos etc 

0 Likes
Agechamp
Student
Options

Not Atmos, but the sound is amazing. Clear, loud, thumps, rears are perfect. Looks better. 

0 Likes
Gezmelb
Apprentice
Options

The new lg is 750watts, so should be just as powerful.

0 Likes
shinzune
Apprentice
Options
Niente dts HD master per Samsung
0 Likes
IonuAleman
First Poster
Options
@shinzune you have it but only on hdmi-in not on ARC
0 Likes