Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 20-05-2020 06:44 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
went1
Explorer
Options

thx for the steer. james4578. all done. atmos via earc working . 

went1
Explorer
Options

do you know any sites torrent sites that specialize in atmos? im frustrated by lack or support across different app and streamers. thinking about going the shiled route. sorry about the sync problem. that sounds like a pain in the ass

0 Likes
Favian
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I have a LG TV (OLED C7V) and I'm trying to send dolby atmos content from netflix app.

The soundbar is samsung hw-Q70R

Do someone succeeded in recognize the dolby atmos source from the soundbar?

0 Likes
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

@went1 I've sent you a private message

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gezmelb wrote:

Think you have to update your soundbar though first?

how did you do yours?

@Gezmelb  Thought that  was obvious and detailed in the link. However have edited post,  personally do not have these soundbars.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
IonuAleman
First Poster
Options
For Q70R I get the same numbers except for W and S (no RR and RL as this model does not have rear speakers). They are W-0033.0 and S-0033.0. Also, the Test Tone works. With some volume you will hear a noise in each speaker.
0 Likes
went1
Explorer
Options

thanks man

0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options

Hey guys,

I have the Q-80R soundbar with Q-85R TV. Just noticed since the update that BBC iPlayer (UK) app natively on the TV has problem with speech sounding like it's underwater when Dolby Digital is on, if I change it to PCM it's fine. Anyone else got this problem?

0 Likes
went1
Explorer
Options

earc was included in this update thankfully. i have displayed on my bar. wouldnt have bought the bar unless it was confirmed to be the earc update prior to purchase. hope taht helps.

Agechamp
Student
Options

Hey guys, I just got the q90r, updated to latest firmware.

But I can bearly hear the sub. 

When I test tone it makes sound but not sub like.

Also I have a qa65q75 and it doesn't show eARC on the soundbar only ARC.

Any ideas?

0 Likes