Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 17-05-2020 08:11 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
Hopper147
First Poster
Options
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/HW-Q90R/XN/

I would just hang fire before you put it on , my soundbar is pointless since I update to the new firmware
0 Likes
went1
Explorer
Options

i have to say the user experience re set up and software update is appaling on this bar. the process and deisplay information in the step by step process as described in the manual and in samsung's own instalation videos bares zero similarity to what ive encountered so far. why so complicated? laughable. i think im in for a lot of pain. it should be easy.

0 Likes
Olivier75009
Apprentice
Options

If you don't own a proper earc device to plug in your soundbar, I discourage you to update it till a new FW update. Mine is still down after the update.

Edit: if anybody has the precedent FW file to downgrade (I live in France, so an european one would be good to go).

BTW, I may not be able to downgrade it as plugging a USB drive with the FW file did nothing.

Hopper147
First Poster
Options
Totally agree
0 Likes
baseball16
First Poster
Options

I updated my HW-Q90R a week ago and the eARC functionality works perfectly.  But my subwoofer seems quieter than before, and when I run the new sound test mode, I don't get any sound out of TW L, TW R, CT L, CT R, MID2 L, MID2 R, or WOOFER.  Has anyone else had this issue with the test tones?

0 Likes
jbdred
Journeyman
Options
HDMI handshakes seem to be very finicky on this Soundbar. I would probably power down all devices, disconnect all devices, remove power from All devices. Then power on devices. Then connect HDMI cables one at a time.
0 Likes
jbdred
Journeyman
Options

has anyone run into an issue in which video stops and goes to blinking static screen the to no input?  This was happening before and after latest update.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nZBYqF9MYWDScLMb6

0 Likes
went1
Explorer
Options

ive got a new Q90R hooked up to an LG C9 via Earc, but im only getting 5.1 instead of Atmos via Lg's internal Netflix app.
I don't want to switch off Earc to use regular Arc just to make it work becasue going forward I want to hook up my sources directly to my tv to take advantage of new VRR with the new consoles (for example). plus I want o take advantage of Earc's inherent auto lip sync capailities, and also I dont trust Samsungs Dolby vison pasthrough capabilities. 

So, can I get atmos through internal apps, if not please tell me i can use an external streammer like a shiled or apple 4k to get earc to give me atmos and DV via my tv to bar routing preference. even if its only lossless.

so fiddly

0 Likes
Gezmelb
Apprentice
Options

If the update works you should be able to get earc connection to your tv and this will work through Netflix, trouble is getting update to work , as I have similar tv bit can't soundbar to update, let me know how you go 

0 Likes
Kneciu
Journeyman
Options

I have the same setup as you and all works well on internal Netflix app. Just make sure in your TV sound settings that you enabled earc with passthrough and all should be good.

0 Likes