Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 16-05-2020 01:47 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
amaradam
Journeyman
Options

It should continously display like this

M - 0128.0

B - 1010.5 

H - 0051.0 

FD - 0040.0 

W - 0240.0

S - 0136.0

RR - 0136.0

RL -  0136.0

0 Likes
Gezmelb
Apprentice
Options

Didn't do that maybe I didn't press the right button 

0 Likes
sandromxm
First Poster
Options

This is true for q90r, Amaradam.

i have those settings on my q70r

M - 0128.0

B - 1010.5 

H - 0051.0 

FD - 0040.0 

W - 0033.0

S - 0033.0

Am i ok?

0 Likes
amaradam
Journeyman
Options
Sorry i’m not sure about q70r.But as long as you get the magic word “eARC” on your display, i think it will be ok lol
0 Likes
Namdnas
Journeyman
Options
Hey guys!

My Samsung Q90R soundbar now has the eARC update and I finally got it fixed to where it actually shows eARC now (I had to reboot the TV for some reason). Problem is...the soundbar no longer comes on automatically with I turn the TV or PS4 Pro on, like it used to. I have to turn it on with the remote and select HDMI 1 (I still have my PS4 Pro connected to the soundbar).

In trying to fix that, I noticed in the TV Sound Settings (for my LG CX 55"), under "Additional Settings" and then "Digital Sound Out", there is a PCM, Auto and Passthrough option. It's set to Auto by default. Was just wondering if I needed to leave it here or if I should change it to maybe Passthrough?

Any suggestions on the power on/off issue? I've already tried toggling the SimpLink and eARC options off and on and all that does is mess up the soundbar with eARC...it took me a while to get it fixed back.

I also noticed that the soundbar no longer auto-changes the inputs, either. If I flip over to Netflix on the TV, for example, before eARC, it would automatically change to TV ARC. Now, it doesn't. I have to manually change the input to eARC to get sound.  This should be automatic...

Thanks!
0 Likes
lAuReNtx
First Poster
Options

Hello guys,

I just received yesterday my q80r soundbar and unfortunatly the subwoofer is not working. I think i just tried everything i can do. The subwwofer blue light is working well, so it's supposed to work. But nothign comes out. I also updated to the latest firmware, and if not totally *****, the firmware is up to date. I updated it from smarthings and i checked on the soundbar itslef and i have M0128.0 / B1010.5 / H0051.00 / FD0040.0 / W0033.0 / S0033.0

The soundbar is perfectly working just the subwoofer doing nothing.

I am using a classic HDMI ARC ( LG C8 TV ) , linked to my TV and i use a nvdia shield also linked to my TV with another HDMI. It says i am using HDMI  ARC on the soundbar, so i assume my settings are ok sicne soundbar is working.

I don't feel like the subwoofer is borken since the blue light is ON.

But i don't know what to do and i don't find much people having problems like that. Next step is back to the shop if i can't make it working.

I appreciate all the help you can offer, thanqs you very much in advance and sorry for the bad english, i'm better with french haha.

0 Likes
Hopper147
First Poster
Options
Mine has always shown them numbers since the update but I’ve still got no arc or earc or Dolby atmos , I have got it back couple times by turning power off for a bit but it’s *****

I also think the game mode has something to do with it
0 Likes
Olivier75009
Apprentice
Options

It switches off from D.IN -> PRT automaticaly since I updated to last FW. I reseted it 5 times, no way to recover it if connected via HDMI ARC to a LG OLED B8. If all devices are disconnected from the bar, it doesn't show PRT, doesn't switch off.

0 Likes
went1
Explorer
Options

It's been a long day, and I may be being utterly stupid, but where the heck is the actual 1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-hw-Q90R link?  The Samsung site just sends me round in cirlces. Can anyone spare pity for an old fool and paste then link please?

0 Likes