Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 15-05-2020 11:15 AM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
jbdred
Journeyman
Options

@went1 wrote:

just got my q90r for my c9. bit of a noob question, but what hdmi cables do i need for earc to get atmos, vision lossless?

ultra, premium or just fast with ethernet? hard to find a straight answer. 

You should definitely get cables that are at 48mbps speed.  I have run into issues with hdmi 2.0 certified cables in the past that that were just used as input output cables.  Best result I have had are with the Belkin 48mbps hdmi cables that ATV recommends you use. 

0 Likes
Gezmelb
Apprentice
Options

hi 

how  did you run your upgrade to update the firmware?

as mine doesn't work.

0 Likes
bluedog69
Explorer
Options

I used Smart thing, it was on auto update so i didnt even know it was done.

0 Likes
jbdred
Journeyman
Options
I used smartthings app.
0 Likes
Gezmelb
Apprentice
Options

Does it still give you the option to upgrade the firmware but then say no update found? 

0 Likes
amaradam
Journeyman
Options

If it says no update available when downloading reaches 20%, probably your soundbar already on the latest 1010.5 firmware. You can check the firmware version by press & hold the sound mode button on the remote control for 15 seconds while the soundbar turn off(standby mode).

0 Likes
Gezmelb
Apprentice
Options
Thanks mate I tried that but it just did a sound test. No firmware showing on there and doesn’t show earc on display also
0 Likes
Gezmelb
Apprentice
Options
Rear speakers never seem to kick in either
0 Likes
amaradam
Journeyman
Options

I'm sorry its my bad.Actually by press + hold the setting button (gear shape)

0 Likes
Gezmelb
Apprentice
Options

Says 150 0 0 ? 

0 Likes