Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 14-05-2020 07:33 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
ajmitchell
Student
Options
LG C7 so wayyyy to old (although its a great TV)
0 Likes
Mesaka
First Poster
Options

I'm so glad I found this thread. I've been tearing my hair out with issues with my 90r sound bar.

i have a Philips TV PUS6551 (doesn't have E-ARC) originally Linked by HDMI ARC to the sound bar. I also have a Sony 4K HD DVD atmos Player linked to the sound bar (HDMI).

Until the firmware update everything worked well. Now:

1. The normal link via hdmi arc doesn't work - no sound at all,

2. The HDMI 1 link works as does WiFi and Bluetooth 

i tried:

1. resetting the sound bar - no change

2. I linked the tv and sound bar up with a toslink cable. Sound works but cuts out roughly once per minute/ stutters.

When I try on the TV to set the output to only sound coming through the Q90 sound bar it says the TV speakers are still on so the easylink system can't switch on.  If I use the Sony DVD player I need to reset the system to get the toslink to output sound. Otherwise no sound comes at all.

we paid so much for this system why is it so flaky? Is there any way to revert to the old firmware until this update is a bit more stable? Anything else I can do?

0 Likes
Hopper147
First Poster
Options

I've give up on mine it's switched of the soundbar !!  Waste of £1200 at the minute 

it's sounded good while it lasted but now it's dead !

0 Likes
amaradam
Journeyman
Options
I've download dolby atmos Amaze & Helicopter demo from links provided by JohnGR.
Playing the demo files from Infuse app on Apple TV 4k direct to soundbar & display on Sony X85G (eARC).
HDMI setting to Passthrough, Dolby Digital Plus
Demo Amaze & Helicopter --- no dolby atmos
Netflix & Itunes movies --- dolby atmos & dolby vision working excellent
Disney + --- no dolby atmos, dolby vision working well
0 Likes
went1
Explorer
Options

just got my q90r for my c9. bit of a noob question, but what hdmi cables do i need for earc to get atmos, vision lossless?

ultra, premium or just fast with ethernet? hard to find a straight answer. 

0 Likes
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options
Fast with ethernet (the one that was included in the original package) has served me well so far. Recently I've changed it to a 2.1 certified and I did not notice a single improvement, I will just keep in case I buy a new generation console. I have a hw-q90r and an Oled C9.
0 Likes
bluedog69
Explorer
Options

Maybe use the cable that came with it.

That what i did, but i dont have Earc

0 Likes
went1
Explorer
Options

cool thx. which 2.1 certified did you go for to save me doing hrs of research?

0 Likes
went1
Explorer
Options

thinking of new consoles VFR and all that shizzle

0 Likes
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes