Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 06:20 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
Viorel2018
Pathfinder
Options
Then it might be a software issue and we must wait for an update. The problem didn't occur to me after I unpluged the devices, but it could return anytime. I was afraid that I was the only one who experienced that and thought it might be a hardware problem.
DjK4Yahweh
Explorer
Options
Thanks but i only have a skyQ box connected. I do have an Google Chrome Cast Ultra that i can connect if you think that would work?
0 Likes
Alex001
Apprentice
Options

I found a temporary solution until the next update for my problem:

if I turn on the TV by pressing the on / off button it takes 30sec until the sound starts. If I turn on the TV from the CH (chanel) button it works perfectly :smiling-face:
i have another solution for people who no longer the dolby atmos on netflix: 

In netflix aplication go settings/Sound/expert setting and put Dolby atmos compatibility ON and !!! Digital Output Audio format to Dolby Digital + and for movie with Atmos sound apear again.

0 Likes
Namdnas
Journeyman
Options

Now I’ve got this issue where it just shows TV ARC and not eARC. I went to Netflix on my TV this morning and now it says TV ARC. After I updated the Q90R initially, it said eARC. NOW, randomly, it doesn’t...

I unplugged the HDMI cable to attempt to handshake it again, but it’s still TV ARC. I also unplugged the soundbar completely for a few minutes and re-toggled the SimpLink and eARC sound options. Nothing works....Grrrr.

I’d assume there will be another update to the soundbar soon to address the random issues that’s cropped up with eARC support. Also, it could be an LG issue with the CX set?

Samsung Q90R soundbar and LG CX 55" TV, here. United States.

0 Likes
Viorel2018
Pathfinder
Options

I see that many of us started to have a problem with the soundbars and not just the Samsung TV users. That confirms it is a software issue and they are working on it - I suppose that they stopped the eARC service temporarily (not sure, but it might be possible). Hope they will release an update asap and I also hope they are about to release eARC for Q2019 TVs this month.

0 Likes
JayRoman
Student
Options

Interesting. That makes me think I'm not crazy cause i did the update a few days ago, so my experience was different than everyone who updated earlier and got eARC to work. Mine always said TV ARC and never eARC.

0 Likes
Namdnas
Journeyman
Options

Hey guys, wanted to let you know that I also made a post on Reddit for the eARC issue on the soundbar. It's in the Soundbars subreddit and titled "Samsung Q90R soundbar eARC issue after update". Go there and post. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Viorel2018
Pathfinder
Options
It also depens on what TV you have and if your TV supports eARC. Samsung haven't released the update for the Q2019 TVs yet.
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@Viorel2018 wrote:

I see that many of us started to have a problem with the soundbars and not just the Samsung TV users. That confirms it is a software issue and they are working on it - I suppose that they stopped the eARC service temporarily (not sure, but it might be possible). Hope they will release an update asap and I also hope they are about to release eARC for Q2019 TVs this month.

My Q80R soundbar with LG C9 works fine. I still get eARC.

0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options

eARC isn't some online service, it's not something Samsung could stop from HQ

0 Likes