Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 10-05-2020 09:07 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
JayRoman
Student
Options

Yeah, I have an ultra high speed cable that supports up to 48gbps. I don't think it's the cable 

0 Likes
JayRoman
Student
Options

You a CX owner as well?

0 Likes
Alex001
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I updated my soundbar q90r to the latest software version 1010.5 and after update I have a

problem.

The tv is samsung q90 is connected to soundbar with hdmi arc ,and when I turn on the TV i have a delay of appear sound for 30sec. 
When i turn on the tv ,instant soundbar appear ON DIN but wait 30sec with no sound and after that it appears TVARC and sound start.

Best regards for help me.

0 Likes
Raull1
First Poster
Options

I have same issue as Alex001 with HW-Q80R with fw 1010.5  and LG UJ7507 TV. TV is connected via HDMI ARC.

It takes around 30 sec for sound to start playing and the TV is not turning on the soundbar via HDMI-CEC. Changing volume and turning it off works fine.

0 Likes
akz786
Explorer
Options

Hi 

I have the same setup as you. 

75" Q90R 2019 TV 1 with 1356.2 firmware

Q70R soundbar with the latest 1010.15 firmware

The TV remembers the last setting you had with the soundbar, i.e if the soundbar was on the when you switch off, and back on, it should switch the soundbar back on

If your last setting was TV Speaker, then should be active when you first switch on, at least in my case this is how it works.

I do get the "bye" logo displayed when I turn them off. 

I dont have a delay of 30 secs as you mention also. 

I literally have just a SKY Q box connected to the Q90R via the one connect box and then the Q70R soundbar connected to the HDMI (arc) of the TV one connect box. 

Perhaps try and reconnect the HDMI cables as I beleive they do handshake when connected again, also the smart hub can be reset on the TV side, but you would loose all settings.

We now literally await  the eARC update of the TV's as without this, well the update for the Soundbars is pretty usesless if you own a 2019 Samsung TV. 

0 Likes
Alex001
Apprentice
Options

I tried to reconnect hdmi cable, i tried to unplug 1 night cable cord at soundbar,subwoofer,satelit and tv , i tried to reset all and a lot of settings , nothing change the problem.
When power on for tv , soundbar start at the same time ON ,show D.IN but sound not work for 30sec ,then apear TVARC on soundbar display(after 30sec) and sound start.

thanks

0 Likes
amaradam
Journeyman
Options

Hi Alex001

How about trying to swap hdmi cable with high speed hdmi cable with ethernet?

0 Likes
Viorel2018
Pathfinder
Options

Hey, guys! I had the same issue with the delay. The only thing that worked for me was to unplug both devices (TV and Soundbar) from the power outlet and plug them after a minute. After I turned the TV on, I had no more delay and TV ARC appeared on the Soundbar in a sec. I hope it will work for you too.

0 Likes
Alex001
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for reply, i cheked and the cable is already high speed hdmi with ethernet.
Before this update all work perfect.
Thanks
0 Likes
Alex001
Apprentice
Options

The same for me Viorel2018 ,but after one day problems repeat.

0 Likes