Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 10-05-2020 11:11 AM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
amaradam
Journeyman
Options

Hi johnGR,

I just download dolby atmos demo, playing the demo video on Apple TV 4k but no Dolby Atmos led indicator appear on the soundbar. Apple TV connected directly to the soundbar.Is there something wrong with my setup? Atmos movie from netflix & iTunes all working fine with Dolby Atmos led indicator running. Thanks in advance

0 Likes
johnGR
Pioneer
Options

Hi amaradam,

In the following site you will find a link to dowload the test tones in mkv format. Try those too and tell me if it works.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/dolby-atmos%C2%AE-faq.26939/

0 Likes
Hopper147
First Poster
Options

I've had everything working great for half an hour then I played a game on Xbox now the atmos is gone from the Netflix app via Xbox I've a feeling it's to do with the game mode stopping it though 

0 Likes
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options
What's the easiest way to play the demo on my Q80R soundbar and Q90R TV?
0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
My PS4 is blocking ARC since I bought the TV and soundbar (I got the Q-80R soundbar and 65Q85 TV), my only solution so far is to only plug PS4 when I want to use it (which isn't much). Ridiculous, not tried it since this update but I think it's the TV update that will sort it. As soon as PS4 is plugged in, can't control volume through TV and if it's plugged when I turn TV on it won't even find the soundbar. It seems to be blocking ARC handshake and then interfering with it. Samsung blamed Sony as the TV and soundbar work fine when it's not plugged in.
0 Likes
Viorel2018
Pathfinder
Options
You should wait for the eARC update on the TV. I have a Q90R too and I'm waiting for it, hope it will come soon.
Alexandri
Pathfinder
Options
Thats it! Samsung has to force the Update as soon as possible.
0 Likes
JayRoman
Student
Options

Hey man, LG CX and Q90r soundbar owner here. I just updated my soundbar with the most recent update, and enabled eARC and pass through on my tv. I'm still getting "TV ARC" on my soundbar instead of eARC no matter what I do. Does anyone have any suggestions, cause I feel like I've tried everything at this point. 

0 Likes
Hopper147
First Poster
Options

I've not seen earc either ! And mine is still dropping arc when it feels like it forcing me to power down to get it back ?? 

0 Likes
Denis27310
First Poster
Options

hello, you need an HDMI 2.1 cable.

0 Likes