Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 06-05-2020 07:39 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
jbdred
Journeyman
Options

test tones for the new firmware update?  How do you get that to work?

0 Likes
mauromol
Pioneer
Options

The Italian Samsung support replied to me just today, regarding the W-0240.0 vs W-0241.0 (or even W-0242.0) version numbers. This is what the operator replied to me (I'm translating from Italian):

I did all the necessary checks and I confirm that the right version codes for European products, after the latest update, are those shown by your audio system. (note: I have W-0240.0 on my HW-Q90R)

The given version for the subwoofer (note: W-0241.0) might be dedicated to the US market only, and I discourage you to use that firmware version, because it may not be completely compatible with your system, since it is made for a different market.

So, I think we can live happy with W-0240.0 here in Europe 🙂

After all, another strange thing is that if you downloaded the previous 1008.0 (US) and 1007.9 (EU) firmware and unzip the corresponding files, you'll find an info.txt file in them which states that the generation date for the 1007.9 firmware image is slightly NEWER than that of the 1008.0!

1007.9 => gendate: 20190624

1008.0 => gendate: 20190622

So the difference may just be related to the different markets, rather than to different features/fixes.

Matt_Q90R
Journeyman
Options

Hey SpongeyBob,

Just wondering whether you have seen any improvement on the lip sync issues since this firmware update as we have a similar set up (I have a Q90R with a Q70R soundbar)? I've done the update myself and will test it to see how it all goes.

Also - I've seen a lot of chatter in this forum post about various numbers due to the update, can I ask what these represent please and also what they should now show for my Q70R soundbar? The Samsung mod I think only posted numbers for the Q90 and Q80 soundbars, not the Q70.

My current firmware in the Smart Things app shows the soundbar as being at 1010.5 128R.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Likes
Ciaky41
Apprentice
Options

Io sono in italia ho aggiornato da poche ore da smartThings a 1010.5 e ho i tuoi stessi codici!!! Ho provato di tutto per aggiornare il subwoofer ma rimane sempre a0033.0

Pare che sia un firmware vecchio,però non conosco la sigla prima del nuovo aggiornamento.  Provengo da firmware 1008.0 aggiornato via usb

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@Ciaky41 wrote:

Io sono in italia ho aggiornato da poche ore da smartThings a 1010.5 e ho i tuoi stessi codici!!! Ho provato di tutto per aggiornare il subwoofer ma rimane sempre a0033.0

Pare che sia un firmware vecchio,però non conosco la sigla prima del nuovo aggiornamento.  Provengo da firmware 1008.0 aggiornato via usb

Is it that hard to use Google Translate, you lazy egoist? Do you expect us to learn Italian for you?

Ciaky41
Apprentice
Options
I am in Italy I have updated a few hours from smartThings to 1010.5 and I have your same codes !!! I tried everything to update the subwoofer but it always remains a0033.0

Apparently it's an old firmware, but I don't know the abbreviation before the new update. I come from firmware 1008.0 updated via USB. I add that I own a lgB9 TV and a hwq70r soundbar
0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
I have a Q-85R TV and Q-80R soundbar, still getting lipsync issues with my Virgin Media V6 box if I set it to DD rather than PCM.
And I've still got the 0033.0 for S (subwoofer) which I'm hoping the moderator will clarify as being correct as others confirmed that they get that too on their Q-80s
0 Likes
Dannyxcm
Explorer
Options
The 1010.5 update won’t help you , your tv doesnt support earc hence this update to your soundbar will do absolutly nothing. The firmware numbers don’t matter . Only eARC tvs will benefit from this soundbar update . When samsung will roll out the earc update for the 2019 line of tvs , then all will be solved ( lipsync , lossless audio etc)
bluedog69
Explorer
Options

I only brought the Samsung sound bar because I was buying a Samsung tv

you think they would be a perfect match.

Yuppi
Apprentice
Options

After update the new firmware, due to the new input name for eARC, if you selected this input and open SmartThings apps, it always need over 10 sec to find which input is using and finally it shown "none" in the apps......

0 Likes