Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 06-05-2020 09:33 AM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@SpongeyBob wrote:
Hope so - we need more people with Q-80R that updated from US 1008.0 to advise what numbers they get.
The update guide shows to only update sub and rear speakers on Q-90R

But it's wierd that not only "S" is stuck on 0033.0, but also "W". Does anyone know what even these letters means? M, B, H, FD, W, S?

0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
Not sure what W is but S is subwoofer, maybe W is woofer?
0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

It's now even weirder - I can't update soundbar with USB drive. Just nothing happens. I checked with two different USB drives, one formatted in FAT32 and second in NTFS.

0 Likes
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options

My Q80R says W=0.0033 and S=0.0033. I'm in th UK and was on the UK 1007.9 before the update to 1010.5. Also, my sound bar does not display the earc message at the end. I have a suspicion that earc is only enabled on the Q90R soundbar. Can anyone disprove this?

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@Zaxxan wrote:

My Q80R says W=0.0033 and S=0.0033. I'm in th UK and was on the UK 1007.9 before the update to 1010.5. Also, my sound bar does not display the earc message at the end. I have a suspicion that earc is only enabled on the Q90R soundbar. Can anyone disprove this?

My Q80R has eARC enabled with 1010.5 update for 100%.

0 Likes
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options

How can I prove this on my soundbar?

0 Likes
Alexandri
Pathfinder
Options
You need a TV with EARC function like LG c9
0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options

You need another device plugged into the soundbar with eARC. I have a Q-85R TV but eARC isn't available yet, I'm hoping that'll be forthcoming now that the soundbar has been updated!

That's encouraging to hear that others have 0033.3 for W and S too, thought it was just me as I think that my subwoofer was unplugged from power when I updated (it got to 77% on SmartThings then said update was interrupted).

I'll try update via USB but I'm not hopeful it'll work as the soundbar will already know that it has 1010.5 installed. 

0 Likes
Dannyxcm
Explorer
Options

If you don't have a earc enabled TV( LG B9/C9 etc.) this update won't do anything for your soundbar. You still have to plug all your devices into to the soundbar to get lossless audio. That's why your soundbar doesnt show "earc" on its display.

if Samsung will roll out a q90 tv earc update then you will be able to plug all devices into the tv and get lossless audio .

Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options

I have a Q90R TV so I'm also hoping Samsung release an earc update for it. 

W=0.0033 and S=0.0033 seem to be the correct revisions for the UK soundbars I think. 

0 Likes