Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 06-05-2020 04:44 AM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
Jimbo69
Journeyman
Options

Since I've updated my HW-Q70R I've noticed when I switch the TV on it takes 30 seconds for the soundbar to initialise. Meaning the TV always starts off on TV speaker. The Din/HDMI source connection doesn't seem to be available or ready for 30s. Never had this  before.

Also when I switch off the TV, I used to get the soundbar switching off at the same time as the TV displaying BYE. Now nothing is displayed therefore not even sure if the soundbar switched off?

Anyone else experience this?
My TV is the Q90R.

0 Likes
Green33
First Poster
Options

Hello and congratulations everyone on finally receiving the eARC update. I've been following this for quite some time and happy that Samsung kept it's word. Now the update has come out, I am interested in getting the Q80R.

Question: With intial impressions, are people happy with the eARC performance? Have you seen the lipsync issues disappear? Just looking for some insight before I pull the trigger. Thanks!

0 Likes
Yuppi
Apprentice
Options

For who cannot update by smartthings:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/HW-Q90R/XU/

0 Likes
johnGR
Pioneer
Options

In UK offical Samsung's site you can download the newest firmware 1010.5:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/HW-Q90R/XU/

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

My W and S are both 0033.0 😞

0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
Mine too - do you have Q-80R? I'll try updating via USB but don't think it'll work as I already updated via SmartThings
0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

Yes, Q80R.

0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
Maybe that's what we're meant to have. Before this I updated to 1008.0 from US website though I'm in UK
0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@SpongeyBob wrote:
Maybe that's what we're meant to have. Before this I updated to 1008.0 from US website though I'm in UK

I came from 1008.0 too and in my region I was also suppose to have 1007.9.

0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
Hope so - we need more people with Q-80R that updated from US 1008.0 to advise what numbers they get.
The update guide shows to only update sub and rear speakers on Q-90R
0 Likes