Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 04:30 PM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options

Not had chance to try it fully yet. 

0 Likes
Yuppi
Apprentice
Options

I am in Hong Kong and my Q90R from China, I never can update firmware by SmartThings.......

last time updated by USB only

0 Likes
went1
Explorer
Options

hey. Great news. are you sure you get Dolby Vision passthrough? as this is just as important to me as losless atmos. 

0 Likes
Chic_Mario
Pioneer
Options

Is there anyone who encountered this?
My HW-Q90R soundbar updated via SmartThings, and after that I received the next firmware version:
M-0128.0
B-1010.5
H-0051.0
FD-0040.0
W-0240.0
S-0136.0
RR-01360.0
RL-01360.0
(I specify that before this update I had firmware version 1007.9)
I then started reading all your posts here and after that I decided to try to update once again by holding down the "down" button for a few seconds (more than 5 seconds) when the display shows WIFI.
The update process started and for about 5 minutes it displayed me flashing "update".
Now my firmware version is:
M-0128.0
B-1010.5
H-0051.0
FD-0040.0
W-0242.0 <- there is no mistake here
S-0136.0
RR-01360.0
RL-01360.0
I attached some pictures, I don't know how conclusive they are ...I couldn't attach the video 😞20200505_160647.jpg

20200505_160648.jpg

20200505_160650.jpg

20200505_160649.jpg

0 Likes
pazndy
First Poster
Options

I can't get Dolby Atmos on Netflix after the update. I have a Q90R tv. The Self Diagnose is greyed out  and won't let me reset the Smart Hub. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
I've got a Q-85R TV and managed to get Atmos back by going on Disney+ and putting on Star Wars, then going to sound settings and selecting DD+ then when I went back to Netflix Atmos was back. Should work with anything DD+
0 Likes
Namdnas
Journeyman
Options

I have tried this twice yesterday and once today, just to see if I have any changes. All my numbers match what you gave, but my W one is still 0241.0. I turned the soundbar on, left it along for about 5 min. Pressed the Volume button to light up the display, then held the down button for about 6 seconds. It said “UPDATE”, followed by “BYE” and rebooted. When it came back on, it just said “HDMI 1”, followed by “WiFi Connected”, then nothing. No further update - the display just went off. To be safe, I left it for a few minutes, then made sure it wasn’t doing anything and powered it off. Who knows. Lol.

What region are you in? U.S., here. What TV do you have it connected to? I have mine on an LG CX 55". I'm thinking if you have a Samsung Q series TV, there may be and additional version on the W firmware for compatibility with the Q-series TV's?

0 Likes
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
I'm in UK, my Q-80R soundbar is showing sub as 0033.0, I tried the volume down thing like you, just says update for a second then restarts and nothing happens. My previous update was to US 1008.0 via USB.
SmartThings now shows 128 and sometimes 128R, not consistent, but I can't update from it anymore as I have 1010.5.
Seems to work OK (can't test eARC until my Q-85R TV is updated to support it)
0 Likes
pazndy
First Poster
Options

How are you connecting Netflix to your TV and soundbar?

0 Likes
Chic_Mario
Pioneer
Options
My region is EU and the connected TV is an Q9FN.
0 Likes