Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1010.5 Firmware Update for hw-Q70R/hw-Q80R/hw-Q90R Soundbars

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 11:25 AM)
Estevez1979
Pioneer
Options

Good morning friends.

I've performed the firmware update for my HW-Q90R soundbar.

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update  I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

- How can I check now the firmware version on the bar, to check if the rears are updated as well? In the past just by holding the sound mode button on the remote with the soundbar off the different versions appeared on the display.

Now it is not case. Now by holding sound mode for 5 seconds with the bar off it enables a new functionality: Test Tone

NEW FEATURES

- EARC functionality is enabled, this is great.

- Test tone: What it this for? It performs a test of the sound of the different channels, is it useful for anything else?

- Now in the sources appeared TV SPEAKERS, what is this for?

I would like to check specially if the update has included any update of the rears and subwoffer

519 REPLIES 519
johnGR
Pioneer
Options
MarceloFM, where do you live?
0 Likes
MarceloFM
Explorer
Options
I'm in Australia. Do you think it's a region thing?
0 Likes
johnGR
Pioneer
Options
Yes, I believe it is a regional thing.
I don't know which firmware had as official in Australia's Samsung site. In Europe, the latest was 1007.9 which was the equivalent of the US site 1008. If Australia's official firmware was 1007.9, maybe that is why now your W is 240 and not 241. I guess the internals of your soundbar still update from 1007.9.
0 Likes
MarceloFM
Explorer
Options
Quite possible. All other speakers certainly updated fine because my numbers are same as everyone else who also updated to 1010.5. I have no reason to believe something is wrong with the sub woofer update in my case. I tried several times and it still did not update from 240 to 241, so I will leave it be.
0 Likes
bluedog69
Explorer
Options

Can you supply a link to the Firmware or do you have to use the app.

Thanks

0 Likes
johnGR
Pioneer
Options
For USA:
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2019-harmon-kardon-soundbar-w-dolby-atmos-hw-q90r
For Europe:
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/HW-Q90R/XU/
Now, you won't see a file because Samsung took away the updates. I believe they did that in order to upload the new 1010.5 update. We'll have to wait.
0 Likes
First Poster
Options
I have the same TV and soundbar setup. You have to do a Smart Hub reset to get the Atmos settings back onto Netflix.
Settings> Support> Self Diagnosis> Reset Smart Hub

Once you have done this the Home bar will reset which means all of your apps will hve to be re added but when you sign back into Netflix the content will show as Atmos when it is available. I checked this with the movie Extraction and the soundbar was displaying Atmos as well.

The adviser told me to do a Smart Hub reset whenever an app starts playing up.
bluedog69
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the reply,  For Australia i would use USA?

On the Smart things app it does say update, but its 1008.0

My only problem is the Dolby Atmos cutting out every minute or so when watching movies on Netflix.

Regards

Paul

0 Likes
Zaxxan
Pioneer
Options

Hi, 

I have updated my Q80R soundbar to firmware v1010.5. I have checked all of the firmware versions for each speaker and they all match except for the sub woofer which is showing as W=0033.0 which seems to be a very old version. I have tried to force an update to the sub woofer and the led on the back changes to red and then back to blue but the version stays at 0033.0. Very odd. 

0 Likes
bluedog69
Explorer
Options
Does it work as it should ?
0 Likes