Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Xcover 4 Touch sensitivity is seriously bugged.

(Topic created on: 14-07-2017 09:04 PM)
Emmanouil
Apprentice
Options

So.I bought this phone a month ago and i am very frustrated with nthe situation.
The screen misses the touch contact if i hold the tap for more than 5 seconds. Playing a game is not possible. The touch sensitivity is very bad even with gloves mode on and the problem seems to get worse when the touchwiz is gaining data size like folders and widgets.
The problem exists on all other xcover 4 but when the device is after a factory reset the problem is barely noticable by many.

Here's a link from complaining costumers in Germany and there are more.

https://www.android-hilfe.de/thema/samsung-galaxy-xcover-4-touchscreen-bedienbarkeit.831989/

The device is barely usable and im not planning of using it if this problem persits.

Is Samsung willing to make anything about cause from my understanding no one in Samsung knows about this.

18 REPLIES 18
giranilas
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem here!!
When I run the the touch screen test, touch screen responds well, but when I want to write a message or to scroll the home screen Its very annoying. It looks like software problem.

please help
Bondemaan
Student
Options

Same  problem. I am going crazy!

Emmanouil
Apprentice
Options

Hello again.

After all it was hardware related.

The problem was a faulty touchscreen that has been replaced and now the touchscreen works like a charm.

It is very hard for tech support to diagnose this problem as it is not discoverable with the normal tests they make.

I accidentally found an xcover 4 of a relative and made a video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmVvvZ_UlUI

The one on the left works normally  and the one on the right was the problematic one.

All i had to do was to report that the device is not usable with gloves or pen for them to diagnose the fault.

Smartec in Greece was willing and made everything possible to resolve my problem.

0 Likes
Propov
First Poster
Options

First sorry for my bad English!

I have the same problem. I bring it to service. And after a couple of days they told me that it pased Samsung service tests and the phone is Okay. They just preflashed soft. I run in front of them Touch screen tests from Googleplay and they told me that for this money - that is the phone. Im very surprised and dissapointed. Now i will make a contact with Samsung and will see what will hapening

0 Likes
Emmanouil
Apprentice
Options

My friend this phone is sold with gloves working featured.

Just test the phone with gloves and use another simple phone as a comparison.

Even the galaxy pocket plus had better sensitivity compared to the faulty one.

Resend...The phone does not work with gloves....... 

0 Likes
corax
First Poster
Options
Was looking forward to my Xcover 4 having had the xcover 3.
Had it for a week now, the touchscreen is terrible, sometimes unusable.
I asked Samsung about it but they said they knew nothing about any screen problems.
Have sent it back to Vodafone and will get a different phone.
Very disappointed with Xcover 4 and Samsung!!!!!!
0 Likes
DragoLoco
Journeyman
Options

same problem 

0 Likes
Propov
First Poster
Options

I have change 3 phones with same crazy displays. In the end I bring my money back and bought HTC 

0 Likes
Bondemaan
Student
Options

One  month ago I accidentally dropped my x4 . Suddenly all the problems with the c****y display was gone?! It still works?

0 Likes