Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which wireless earphones should I buy?

(Topic created on: 12-04-2020 01:43 AM)
Zacc
Journeyman
Options

I have a Galaxy J5 (2017), which came with earbuds. I can't get away with them at all as they keep falling out of my ears. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good wireless earphones (as opposed to earbuds)? And do I have to limit myself to a Samsung brand?

Thanks for any advice.

5 REPLIES 5
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
You don't have to limit yourself to Samsung, but I can tell from experience that the Galaxy Buds are awesome, and the Galaxy buds+ are even better :smiling-face:

There is however one praised brand that I discourage actively (Apple earbuds). Basically they restrict their devices that they won't work well with other brand phones. So please do yourself a favor and whatever you do, stay away from there :smiling-face:

Full disclosure: I am not a Samsung representative and I am not incentivized to sell things :winking-face: Its purely my recommendation as a user/customer. I got the Galaxy Buds+ for free during the Launch Event in San Francisco in a goodiebag. The original Galaxy Buds where purchased by myself.
Zacc
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your reply Sjorsk. I'll certainly avoid Apple earbuds. Unfortunately, my experience of the Galaxy buds that came with my phone is very different to yours. As I said in my original post, I can't get away with them, as they keep falling out of my ears. That's why I'm looking to get earphones, as opposed to earbuds.

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Sorry to hear that, I know that the galaxy buds have different ear-pieces in the box so if you switch them, it might be a better fit (Can't hurt to try!). The issue with earbuds is that they are really personal and that no set of ears are the same. The buds+ are for example a better fit for me personally but it might be a disaster for someone else.

There is also a hook thingy that you can turn around so it gets stuck in the ear. It had a bit of a learning curve to me but once I figured it out it works quite well (The buds+ are more comfy for me that way, but that's just my own ears :smiling-face: )

Just so you know, the galaxy buds are not the normal earbuds included with the J7. It might be that we are talking about different products here ^^' The buds tend to not be shipped with any phones but tend to be added to a promotion of the more expensive phones. 

With Galaxy buds I meant this these things:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/wearables/all-wearables/?galaxy-buds

Zacc
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for getting back to me. You're right in saying that we're talking about different products here. I'm talking about the earbuds which came with my phone. The two earbud products which are on the link that you sent me are £139 and £159 respectively and I only paid about £180 for my phone! Also, my phone isn't on the list of compatible phones which are in the spec of one of the phones. Also, to be honest, I didn't think the customer reviews were all that great.

0 Likes
6Antique
First Poster
Options

hi guys, sorry to change the subject but i am new here. i have a galaxy s8, bought last may. just decided to try the headphones, wired. realised sound was only one ear. checked them on another device and worked ok and other headphones worked ok on the phone. ant ideas. 

0 Likes