Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welsh diacritics on physical keyboard.

(Topic created on: 08-05-2022 12:57 PM)
Celyn
First Poster
Options

I recently purchased the keyboard case for my Tab S7 FE and the sofware of English (UK) - QWERTY style does not allow me to type all the accents needed for me to write in Welsh, these all (àèìòùỳ and âêîôûŷŵ) are easily accesable on Windows and when using the onscreen keyboard though they aer not accesable with the physical keyboard.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Shwmai. Welsh is not supported by Samsung, I would recommend using Gboard as an alternative.
Celyn
First Poster
Options

its not about the language its about being able to access diacritics while using a UK layout keyboard

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As you have said, they are not available. If it's not about the language why do you refer to writing in Welsh? You have me confused.
0 Likes
Celyn
First Poster
Options

what i mean is i need the diacritics to write in the language correctly, and it does not matter if i can access them from a keyboard set to english or welsh, also you refer to using gboard though i don't think i can use it with my physical keyboard and if i can i don't know how to

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To get diacritics English settings are a no no but you can select Welsh language in GBoard which can be used on a physical keyboard. The process is not too complicated, see https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-connect-a-usb-android-keyboard/amp/
Hope that helps.