Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartTags - Regions - No Guidance???

(Topic created on: 26-02-2023 06:58 AM)
iamsamp
Journeyman
Options

Hey

Can't seem to find anything documenting this online.
But how can I tell if a SmartTag I want to order is "region locked" or not.
I've read of people having issues with SmartTags from different regions.

I'm ordering in the UK, but will be using the SmartTag primarily abroad, namely in Mexico and other LATAM countries.

Will this be a problem?

I was looking at this Amazon listing, but there is no indication as to the region of the SmartTag, and I don't want to buy something I won't be able to use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SAMSUNG-SmartTag-Bluetooth-Tracker-Locator/dp/B08SXLWXH9/

Also, Samsung - improve your documentation on this stuff.
Getting clarification on Samsung products at the moment absolutely stinks, and it shouldn't take having to scroll through countless third party review sites and blogs to get answers you should be sharing about your products.

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It might be more of a network issue then a smart tag issue I would presume.

I could be wrong.

As ideally you should be able to use it with smartthings.

There is a possibility it would work in close range but may not work at long distances as it relies on other Samsung users phones being nearby and so if Samsung normally doesn't supply tags in your country then they maybe blocked or whatever like the uwb (ultra wide band) which the tags use .

Again this is just a hypothesis and I got be wrong.
0 Likes
iamsamp
Journeyman
Options

I've read of people with difficulties on the back of purchasing from sites like Amazon/eBay etc and the region making it so they're unable to pair it.

But there's not actually any available guidance on the matter.

Samsung's latest moves have really got me wondering wtf is going on there.

SmartThings is garbage. 

0 Likes