Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart tag notifications for safe place

(Topic created on: 30-03-2023 07:46 AM)
Loz20000
Explorer
Options

Hi there, I can’t seem to find an answer on this anywhere so was hoping for some guidance. I have been using a Smart Tag plus for a few months but recently when I leave my house (marked as a safe space) I get an alert to say the tag is not near me. This seems to be the opposite of the feature. I have tried resetting the tag and my safe spaces (I have 2) but still keep getting an alert.

thanks in advance 

17 REPLIES 17
Loz20000
Explorer
Options
I have a new theory on this. I've noticed that every time I'm out of Bluetooth range of the tag it alerts me. If I go back onto range, all good but the minute I'm outside of 10m again I get the alert. I suspect the minute I'm out of range it acts as expected when I'm outside of a safe place but because it's no longer attached to the Samsung network (even in my safe places) it's alerting me. Seems like a fundamental flaw in design really
0 Likes
Loz20000
Explorer
Options
Any luck?
0 Likes
AB3000
Explorer
Options
Not sure about that. The reason I have a doubt is that the tags I use that are incorrectly triggering whilst in my safe place, are showing up correctly on the location map (as being in the safe place). It feel like a fundamental but easily fixed software bug but is anyone at Samsung ever going to find out about this issue!?
0 Likes
Loz20000
Explorer
Options
But I think it's recognising where it was last seen when you look in the location map instead of where it is live
0 Likes
AB3000
Explorer
Options
In my case, both tags have been left in the safe place with two other (switched on and connected) samsung devices present. Have also been there when no other samsung devices are present. Makes no difference, it still alerts.
0 Likes
Loz20000
Explorer
Options
That's it , I'm out of ideas! Over to Samsung........ Who seem very quiet 🤣
AB3000
Explorer
Options
Yes, that's how I see it but will this even hit their radar!? ...hopefully
0 Likes
Loz20000
Explorer
Options
Latest update is my tag now notifies every few minutes whilst both in my safe place and when I'm no more that 5 meters from the tag! It's become utterly pointless using it
0 Likes