Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart tag notifications for safe place

(Topic created on: 27-01-2023 10:02 PM)
Loz20000
Explorer
Options

Hi there, I can’t seem to find an answer on this anywhere so was hoping for some guidance. I have been using a Smart Tag plus for a few months but recently when I leave my house (marked as a safe space) I get an alert to say the tag is not near me. This seems to be the opposite of the feature. I have tried resetting the tag and my safe spaces (I have 2) but still keep getting an alert.

thanks in advance 

17 REPLIES 17
Loz20000
Explorer
Options
It's supposed to notify you when you're out of its range unless it's in a place you have set as a safe place, IE it doesn't notify you
0 Likes
AB3000
Explorer
Options

Me also! I have several SmartTag+ devices with two marked 'Notify when left behind' but also with home as a safe place and everytime I leave I get a notification for each. For a while I had this fixed but then it came back. I did several things including clearing cache but of course it's tricky to test because you have to go out of range.

Do you by any chance have a second phone or tablet with them registered on that device's Smartthings? If so, is that device always/typically with the tags when the notification goes off and what version of Android are both devices working on?.It's just a theory I'm working on. 

0 Likes
Loz20000
Explorer
Options
Just the one device. Although I've started to wonder if whether taking that device with me when I get the notification is what triggers the alert. IE it's no longer connected to the network
0 Likes
AB3000
Explorer
Options

Presumably though, that one device that you take with you is the device that it would notify you on anyway? Or have I misunderstood?

In my case, the period when it worked properly was the same as when it hasn't in terms of what hardware is taken with me and what is not.

It always displays the tags on the map in the correct places including when in a safe place. But somehow the system reacts incorrectly.

0 Likes
Loz20000
Explorer
Options
Yes that's exactly what's happening. Not really making the best of sense! Can't find any threads online or discussion anywhere
AB3000
Explorer
Options
Agreed. That makes sense and it did that for both tags that I have set to notify me but only for a while
0 Likes
Dani_k
Apprentice
Options

i'm also trying to use the notification when smart tag left behind except safe zone.

but even when the tag left at safe defined zone i'm getting alerted.

have to say that using smart tag geofence feature looks to me like a basic feature.

Finally found a thread about this issue.

hope to find a solution for this case.

Rob_H1973
First Poster
Options

I'm getting the same thing. My car keys and camera bag have Smarttags that are set to notify me if left behind unless they are at home which is set as a safe space. I get notifications for both of them every time I leave the house which makes the feature useless and really annoying. I've not found any fixes for this most basic of features that my old Airtags performed perfectly.

JohnnyL
Journeyman
Options

Same problem. SmartTag+ and S20 Ultra 5G. Setu up two safe places and getting the warning of left behing everytime everywhere. Anoying....

0 Likes