Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM-R170 Right earbud volume is lower then left

(Topic created on: 29-02-2020 10:13 PM)
Realrf77
Apprentice
Options

I was using the earbuds the other day and bother were working.  I let it do a software update that I was putting off.  Today I tried to use them and found the right side extremely lower then left.  I use the right more often since that is my better ear.  I saw post about resetting, connecting to another device.   I tried them with no luck.

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@Realrf77: Can you check to see if there is anything blocking the right earbud? To double check this, please remove the eartip from the right bud > Clean the sensor, mesh and eartip with a clean cloth > Clean the receiver with a cotton swab and dry brush to remove any foreign material > Reattach the eartip. Can you also open the Galaxy Wearables app, tap Find My Earbuds and select the magnifying glass symbol. Both buds will start beeping. Is the sound balanced in both earbuds? (Note: Please don't perform the above action while wearing the Buds, as the beeping can be quite loud).
0 Likes
Realrf77
Apprentice
Options

Sorry I did clean the buds pior to posting.  I check them every time I use them.  I just tried the find ear buds.  It keeps muting the right one.  I tried to unmute and it just goes back.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Realrf77 

Are you still having this issue or did you manage to find a solution?

0 Likes
Realrf77
Apprentice
Options

Yes I still am.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

You have gone through all the troubleshooting steps on this, @Realrf77. I would recommend visiting your closest Samsung Support Centre now so that a Samsung engineer can inspect the Buds and proceed with a repair if necessary. You can find your closest one here

0 Likes
BizDevHero
Student
Options

My second time going through this. Some time after the update ... there is NOTHING that can be done. Switching back to APPLE. 

0 Likes
Kill3rKiss
First Poster
Options

Do you still have the same issue? Did you take the earbuds to any Samsung Center. My earbuds are doing exactly the same.

0 Likes