Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sd card encryption and decrypt

(Topic created on: 24-01-2021 09:43 PM)
Jalil1
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone I hard reset my A715F and I forgot to decrypt my SD card before. Now it didn't open so please tell me how can I open it because its encrypted.  And there is no option about password . Please help me out. 
Thnx a lot
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pirilis
Navigator
Options
The first thing you should know is that it is possible to decrypt a card on Android. The encryption process is reversible, but only under some conditions. Samsung mobiles warn of the problems that encrypting a card can entail, since you can lose all the content forever. It cannot be decrypted once the mobile is formatted, it has to be decrypted before deleting it, I have never been able to repair the encryption and I lost all the data. 😔
0 Likes
Jalil1
Apprentice
Options
but I can see the couple of.my folder from sd card but I can't able to open them
0 Likes
Pirilis
Navigator
Options
The content is encrypted, you can see it, but you can't open it, it's like this
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Without the decryption key which was saved in the firmware you deleted, your data cannot be accessed.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
only thing I can suggest is to download ZERO ASSUMPTION RECOVERY onto your pc, delete the folders on the sd card (not format), then attempt recovery through ZAR. If the recovered files are still encrypted, you're never getting those files back without the encryption key anyway.

as an afterthought - before you do any of the above, copy the encrypted folders to your desktop, then if ZAR doesn't work, just move the folders back to the sd card.
0 Likes