Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsungs switch to USB-C to USB-C

(Topic created on: 17-05-2022 04:22 PM)
Ash25
Journeyman
Options
Done a post about this already and the more I think about it the more annoyed I am. 
So Samsung have made the decision to switch the S21 series to USB-C to USB-C Power as it allows for higher charging speeds. 
If Samsung see this as the future then fine I'm on board for faster safer charging. But why not supply an adapter in the box instead of giving away ear pods and a smart tag that no one will use. 
Everything has USB type A connections. Cars, aircrafts, laptops, current wall plugs etc. Do Samsung expect all this to simply be disposed of and everyone to just buy new? 
All my current Samsung devices use the same plug. Now on top of a £1000 device I need to go out and buy a new charger too. This quite frankly is an insult. 
7 REPLIES 7
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I agree it only works if you had an S20 but not as many people will upgrade from S20 me included. they should have had an option to bundle a free charger for people coming from s10 or below. that would have been sensible. thing is I think everybody is going to follow suit apple has already done the exact same thing
0 Likes
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah it overhears I dont want my mums S21+ exploding or overheating like the Note 7
0 Likes
SungSam4me
First Poster
Options
True. a simple adaptor would suffice, a tiny block smaller than a standard USB memory stick thats all what is needed. The electric world has even developed power mains sockets for home and offices that have built in type sockets so are these all rendered useless too!!???
0 Likes
bryony72
Student
Options
the most stupid idea ever to change the charger without supplying a new one.... really samsung not happy person
0 Likes
Amstrum
First Poster
Options
I found out recently that new apple and Samsung phones will no longer be shipped with chargers in order to lower the electrical waste out there, nice idea right? except they ain't reducing the price tag of their phones so you'll pay full price and then need to go buy a charger as well, most people own more than one charger so they have one in different rooms but also, alot of the charger cables supplied with the phones are way to short.
if they stopped changing the design of charger ports there wouldn't be so many discarded chargers around.
0 Likes
Optikn3rv
Student
Options

Its a typical Samsung money grab, supply everyone with an unusable cable so you are forced to buy a wifi charger or a usb c adapter from them.

0 Likes
JimDijkstra86NL
Student
Options

In technical terms, no they could not simply keep it USB Type-A.

The devices itself are becoming more power demanding.

Besides that the batteries can be charged faster thus require a more powerful charger.

You however could choose to accept a (somewhat) shorter lifespan of the battery and buy a usb cable in stead.

I myself prefer the Powerline+ series from *mazon and its brand, distinctively red.

0 Likes