Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Tag not picking up location away from phone

(Topic created on: 14-02-2022 10:58 AM)
Members_6MjZstw
First Poster
Options

I got a Samsung Tag as part of a promotion. Didn't have any other use for it so thought I'd pair it with my phone and leave it in my car so I can track it if the car is ever stolen.

Problem is it doesn't track it when its away from my phone. If I open smart things now it shows the car is in my drive, location history shows nothing. 

My friend borrowed my car recently and forgot where they parked it, they called me because they knew I had the tag in it so could tell them where it is but it just said it couldn't be found, there was no location history at all.

It seems it only shows me where it is when it is able to connect to my phone, which seems to miss the point of it entirely.

I thought it was meant to be able to communicate with other Samsung devices to update its location. Am I missing something?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi, you will need to set up the tag to be a part of the Galaxy Find network. Have a look here How do I find my SmartTag? | Samsung UK

0 Likes
Members_6MjZstw
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply, I already seem to have all this enabled.

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Maybe it's because it's the vanilla tag not the smart tag + ?
I have those and it bounces of other samsung devices when near to give me remote location info
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Samsung Tags are basically useless in my opinion. Smarttag+ however have 2 of them and they're incredibly handy. I tried to find a SmartTag that was in my hand with the phone that was connected to it using Smarthings app, showed it in green and gave me the battery info but couldn't find it. Waste of time and money.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Probably why they were being sold at 80% off recently on the store if spent over £100 on a phone or tablet. Aka any phone or tablet since none are under £100.
0 Likes