Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung smarttag - cant find phone

(Topic created on: 12-07-2021 11:21 AM)
FragRed
Apprentice
Options

I have a samsung galaxy s21 ultra. Received my free smarttag. I'm having a terrible time with this smarttag. More then half the time i cant find my phone with it. The tag is pretty much useless.... when I double click the button to find my phone it usually gives me a sound that probably means "not connected"... 

this is the sound I usually get when it cant find my phone.. bluetooth is on and the device is connected with smartthings app....   

https://youtu.be/SGt5SVQR9zs

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
KholaI
Options

Hi @FragRed !

Our colleagues in the US have put together a useful guide on how to use the SmartTag. Please click on the following link to access this:

samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088244/

0 Likes
FragRed
Apprentice
Options

thanks.. Ive checked out that page but that really didn't help.. it shows me how to set up the smart tag.. which it is correctly setup.. 

in the settings there is an option that lets you "let tag find your device" now the idea is great.. but this option never works... well maybe works 20% of the time.. Even when I find my phone ill test it out.. Ill have the tag beside the phone and it still cant find my phone.. 

I phoned samsung support and they had no idea iether.... did all the trouble shooting and still only works 20% of time.. terrible product. 

would love to know if other people have this issue? 

0 Likes
Ccb2
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Worked when setting up with double click. But tried each day and failed to work. Had to open Smartthings app, click on tag, then I could double click. So as long as I have my phone in my hand I could make it work. Lame is putting it mildly.

0 Likes
Podgirl
First Poster
Options

I am having this same problem. Did anyone find a solution? It works if I open the app and I can also ping my tag from there but get that noise if I try to locate my phone without first opening smartthings.

0 Likes
android21
Journeyman
Options
I had the same issue when connected the smart tag to a galaxy S10+ i couldn't find my phone and the let tag find your device didn't work and gave an error of check connection and try again, but as soon as i connected to smart things on a differnt device (galaxy Tab S6) the smart tag worked flawlessly. Could this be a problem with software on certain phones not giving certain permissions to the smart tag...Its confusing to say the least
0 Likes
Karl X
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue as if the last week or so. Had been working fine. Wondered if it's the battery but I have several tags all running on Sufficient and none of them want to work anymore. I have an S21 Ultra since launch, no idea what's going on. Maybe an update to the phone  has caused the issue. 

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey all, 

Could you try clearing the SmartThings app cache and data to see if this helps? You can do this by heading into Settings > Apps > SmartThings > Storage > Clear cache, then Clear data.

Just a little note, this will remove all the data on the app.

0 Likes
JonnyThruxton
First Poster
Options

This happened to me as well until my Smart tag notified me that it needed a firmware update in the Smart Things app. After I updated it, it was nice again able to find and ring my phone. Hope this helps everyone who is having the same problem. 

0 Likes
Members_sBPcPG9
First Poster
Options

yes my smart tag also does not find my phone fir me like it says it will! 

0 Likes