Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 Killing SD Cards

(Topic created on: 10-12-2020 07:04 AM)
Deezelpower
First Poster
Options

My Samsung S7 G930f has killed a Samsung Pro 64gb SD card then I put a 32gb SanDisk Ultra in and a few weeks later this card is now not working. Has anybody else had this problem.

I don't want to keep buying cards only for them to die, I use the wireless charging a lot and was wondering if this is causing problems.

25 REPLIES 25
CindySoe
First Poster
Options

My Samsung (S7 edge) is also same issue.

During two years, Samsung S7 Edge killed three no. of SD card.

I take the photo and look at it as full frame. It is nice in that time. A few minutes later, it is half blank photo and half only appear in full frame.

After that all photo lost and SD card totally spoiled.

SD card can't read and write on any phone and computer.

I changed 3no. of SD cards already.

They happened same issue.

I think it is not because of Android version problem.

Failed Samsung S7 Edge.

0 Likes
BeezNeez
First Poster
Options

I have also had this problem with 3 seperate samsung phones (2 different models...neither the same model you have). I never use wireless charging, so it's not that. It's a problem that samsung clearly chose to build into their phones. I, for one, will not waste money on another Samsung product ever again. Building trash that breaks on purpose is theft, and I'm sick of it.

No_worky
First Poster
Options
Totally agree, I left LG because of a bad perpetual flaw. Now it looks like Samsung will be history for me too! Maybe One+ is my next Android phone.

0 Likes
Prankur
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Recently, I've started facing this issue with my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and samsung EVO 64gb SD card. There was a security update last week and since then the slipped-in SD card is getting corrupted again and again. It was pain in the ass to be able to recover the earlier data but I somehow managed to get it back. Then I formatted the card and slipped it in the phone, and now it's corrupted again. I tried with the build in formatting method from device management and now it's not readable anymore. RIP my SD card just because of the security update 😭.

Fejlong
First Poster
Options

Had my note 3 in 2013, by 2014 it was killing card like a leopard kills in the savanah. 

Went with asus for a couple of years then I got a note 8 in 2018. In 2019 killed the first card, and I thought the card was rubbish so bought a SanDisk. That lasted for about six month. Then bought a Samsung from official dealer, lasted 4 months. Now I bought 2 PNY and they both struggle to hold data if phone is writing on them. Files disappear, corrupted files, data and photos. At this point I reckon samsung implanted this flaw in hope that we buy new phones, but they got it wrong. I won't buy a Samsung ever again....

0 Likes
Obeeone23
First Poster
Options

I have had the same problem with an A22 and an A33 galaxy phone in 2024.  Surely Samsung can identify why this is occurring.

0 Likes