Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung plug and cable?

(Topic created on: 19-12-2022 06:16 PM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I have always purchased Samsung galaxy phones but I noticed with the Galaxy A12 that I bought last year came with a cable only without a plug and I bought a Galaxy A13 8 months ago and that came with no charging plug or cable and I purchased a Galaxy S10 10 weeks ago and again no charging plug or cable, does anyone know why Samsung has stopped putting a charging cable and plug with their mobile phones .
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
keith30
Maestro
Options
They claim it was down to cost having using less packaging and less plastic, even Apple devices come with no charger included, they were the first to start this tend before Samsung agreeing to follow.
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I found this on Google....
The Galaxy S21 series does not have earphones or a charger plug in the box because Samsung wants to minimise the impact our products have on the environment. More and more Galaxy users are making sustainable choices in their daily lives to promote better recycling habits.
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Cutting corners to put more money in there pockets while waving the environmental flag
G G
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I thought it was strange because even though they do not provide a charging plug or cable with the mobile phone we still need to have a a plug and lead to charge our mobiles
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There are sustainability reasons  and the fact is a number of customers will already have compatible chargers and not need a new one ,  still some commercial interest though.  some analysis in this article https://screenrant.com/does-samsung-galaxy-s22-come-with-charger-in-box/  The intention is to phase out the supply of chargers on all devices.  https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-excludes-chargers-from-galaxy-a-series/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
JAMES4578
Thank you for your reply and in my case having always bought Samsung mobile phones I did have plugs and cables to charge my new Galaxy S10
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Its not just samsung or any phone producers it seems to be across the electrical board. Just got a usb splitter that didnt include any wires or plugs. Some countries have band any product being sold with out plug and leads as its seen as incomplete.
G G
berginator
Explorer
Options
Ye cut down on plastic but give you a lot of useless packaging instead. I mean how many boxes did the fold 4 actually needed. Lol
0 Likes