Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Samsung Note 8 and DeX - output resolution

(Topic created on: 28-02-2018 06:07 PM)
_DD
Student
Options

Hello,

I have a problem with DeX (with Note ๐Ÿ˜Ž station and resolutions.
By basic internet browsing, I found out a lot about setting overscan on TV's and so on, but I am almost sure that my problem is a different case.
What about monitor (typically Dell) settings, I think I have tested all the possible combinations of settings.

I have a couple of 4K monitors, but the DeX station output is only FullHD. 
1.) Why is that? 
2.) Why almost all the sellers have DeX described like "supports 4K (30fps) "? Who informed them about that?
3.) Why on the original box of DeX is the label "HDMI UHD 4K"?
4.) Will be DeX (with Note ๐Ÿ˜Ž supporting 4K in the future? If so, when?

I have also a lot of monitors with resolution 1920x1200, but the Dex station output (after connection) is only just center of the screen (something like 1280x1024)?
5.) Why is that?
6.) Is possible to set resolution manually to (at least) FullHD?
7.) Will be DeX (with Note ๐Ÿ˜Ž supporting 1920x1200 like monitors? If so, when?

And finally what about custom resolution, which is not set by HDMI handling, but just from the user will:
8.) Will be custom resolution supported?
9.) If so which ones?
10.) And when?

I am wondering about these questions because if DeX will not be supporting any monitor I am using, I would like to get rid of it, otherwise, I would like to keep it...

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Meehow
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Re: I have also a lot of monitors with resolution 1920x1200, but the Dex station output (after connection) is only just center of the screen (something like 1280x1024)?

Did you find a solution to the problem? I just purchased the device and it does not work properly with my DELL U2412M. Only 1280 x 1024 is supported. 

Thank you

0 Likes
_DD
Student
Options

@Meehow

Unfortunately no.

Now, I am using it with full-hd dell monitor.

It resolved the "resolution issue", but dex has multiple others.

E.g. it cannot put the monitor into the sleep mode (it just renders the black screen and the monitor keeps shining).

0 Likes