Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Smart tag+

(Topic created on: 27-10-2022 02:39 PM)
NedKelly86
First Poster
Options
Be warned,

Samsung Galaxy Smart Tag+ have no warranty (according to customer service) so no support beyond the first 14 days is offered by Samsung customer service. They are classified as accessories and as such no warranty.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I brought mine via Amazon and I had an issue after changing battery, I called up amazon and ran through some testing and they found it to be faulty and replaced it

They will say contact Samsung but I reminded them I brought it from them
0 Likes
NedKelly86
First Poster
Options
I wish I had brought through Amazon but I brought through Samsung and their representatives have informed me no warranty.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Wow did not know that, i have a few + and some normal tags.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My free tag which came free with my preorder of the s21 ultra is still running great after battery change.

I bought two more recently but haven't begun to use them yet.

Make sure smarthings and smarthings find is always updated and current.
0 Likes
NedKelly86
First Poster
Options
I would recommend not purchasing from Samsung.com I've been on the phone over 3 hours with no resolution, Amazon seems to have a better policy if there's a fault, I have a 2 other tags that work fine just dissappointed that they don't offer a warranty for it in the UK when they do in other contries
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
If you are in the UK, quote the Sale of Goods Act, citing that the goods must be fit for purpose. The item itself might be outwith any warranty by the manufacturer, but the goods still have a "shelf life". I don't think anything less than 3 years old for your Smart Tag is considered "past it". If no joy, contact your local Trading Standards office.
0 Likes
NedKelly86
First Poster
Options
Asked for a formal resolution, so I can take to ombudsman if needed but am just letting people know that they class it as an accessory and as such no warranty
0 Likes