Quick info about my setup: Samsung S9+, Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, WiFi, Dex Pad.
- The USB in the Dex Pad is too short and I am unable to connect the phone when there is a cover on.
I use this at work so one of the applications I use a lot is Citrix Receiver.
- Copy and paste between apps don't work, this really really really sucks.
- There is something wrong with the Internet stability. The latency monitor in Citrix sometimes shows latency up towards 5000 ms. And it's not Citrix. When I minimize the Citrix Receiver app and try to use Internet Explorer from the phone desktop it is very slow as well.
- There seems to be a bandwidth limitation on Dex. On Dex, the connection is often limited to 3 Mbps when the available bandwidth is 100 Mbps.
- Sometimes when I press backspace on my keyboard inside an app, it doesn't work. (was not a problem before last update)
- "Phone mode". I wish I could revert that update.
Unfortunately, because of the latency issues, I am currently unable to use Dex at all. If I have 3Mbps, it's a good connection. More often than not it falls down under 500 kbps and gives 4-6 000 ms latency. I experience the same whether I use WiFi and cabled internet.
The problems can not be reproduced on a computer or just on the phone without Dex. Thus the subject is Dex related issues. Please help
I definitely understand the bandwidth issue you are going through. DeX itself is all I would need if it weren't for the internet. I start up DeX and I get .57mbps, I unplug it and test again on just my phone I get 20mbps. Really needs to be fixed if Samsung expects people to use DeX the way they advertise.
I could not find any other way to connect my samsung note 8 with laptop to use samsung dex. tried in 3 different laptops to use samsung dex but my samsung note 8 is not connecting with it. can any body tell me the solution.