Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9+ led flip case stopped working after January update

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 06:22 PM)
jmcs
Journeyman
Options

My led cover was working fine until the last update.  The only thing that works is opening and closing screen down 

10 REPLIES 10
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @jmcs, try these steps: Settings > Apps > Options (three dots top right) > Special Access > Notification Access > toggle 'LED Cover' ON. Also, clear the cache of the app: Settings > Apps > Options > Show system Apps > LED Cover > Storage > Clear Cache. Then, perform a Soft Reset of the S9+ by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons until your phone restarts. 

jmcs
Journeyman
Options
thanks. tried all the above but no luck
KholaI
Options

Hey @jmcs ,

Are you still experiencing an issue with this? If so, please head into Settings > Apps > Options (three dots top right) > Special Access > Notification Access > toggle 'LED Cover' ON. Also, clear the app data by heading into Settings > Apps > Options > Show system Apps > LED Cover > Storage > Clear data. Once you've cleared the data, please switch off your phone for a few minutes > Remove the case > Power on the phone > Reattach case.

jmcs
Journeyman
Options
I will try this and let you know. thanks
jmcs
Journeyman
Options
unfortunately this didn't work either
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Could you force stop the 'LED cover service' app, to see if this helps? You can do this by heading into Settings > Apps > 3 dots in the top right > Show system apps > Search for the 'LED cover service' app > Force stop. 

If this doesn't help, we'd like you to reset your app preferences, but please note this will reset all app preferences. To reset app preferences, head back into Settings > Apps > 3 dots in the top right > Reset app preferences > Reset.

0 Likes
jmcs
Journeyman
Options
I will give this a try when I get home thank you
0 Likes
Members_CCuif88
Apprentice
Options

did this ever get fixed, samsung dont want to help me fix my broken Sammy led case?

0 Likes
jmcs
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately no it didn't, they like to fob people off, they tell you to try this and that which doesn't work and they know it, I've seen thousands of people with the exact same issue so it was definitely a Samsung problem that they were never going to admit to or cared about , it was ignored at the customers expense, obviously Samsung gained financially as most people probably went out and bought another cover.