Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S8 not charging anymore

(Topic created on: 10-05-2018 05:04 PM)
Orbitalide
First Poster
Options

So I've had my S8 since the fall and it's been great. I was going to a concert yesterday and noticed that my phone kept on switching from charging to not charging. I left it be a proceeded to continue onto the concert. When I got back home, I noticed that phone wouldn't charge. It was at 2 percent and it didn't go up. I was using the cable and brick provided with the phone. After using different cables and bricks, nothing seemed to work. After a bit, I noticed the phone would instantly shut off once I plug it in, no matter where and there would be a small high pitched noise emitting from the top microphone.  With the cable plugged in, I couldn't power it on, not even the soft reboot would do it. When I took the cable out and soft reboot it worked but the phone was still low battery. 

The weirdest thing is, the wireless charging did not even work either. When I would put the phone on the pad, nothing happened even though the blue light was on. And when its off, when on the pad, the phone would show a notification that its charging, then show the percentage, then it would turn off, then repeat; the percentage was still going lower.

Considering I have not installed any apps recently or updated, or even drop the phone or put it through water, I believe its the battery, but I do not know how it happened. Might just bring it to a repair shop if need be. 

Let me know if anyone has insights.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hi @Orbitalide! Have you checked the charger port for any dust, dirt or damage? As you have tried different cables and charging methods and the issue still exists, we'd recommend popping into your nearest Support Centre where our tech guys can look into this for further for you. Here's a link to help you locate your nearest one. :womanvery-happy:

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1
Solution
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hi @Orbitalide! Have you checked the charger port for any dust, dirt or damage? As you have tried different cables and charging methods and the issue still exists, we'd recommend popping into your nearest Support Centre where our tech guys can look into this for further for you. Here's a link to help you locate your nearest one. :womanvery-happy: