Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S8 : CLEAR VIEW : NO CLOCK SINCE LAST UPDATE

(Topic created on: 08-05-2019 09:06 AM)
MR_VRY_BIG_NOOB
Apprentice
Options

Always on display does not work properly on my s8 since the last update of May 2019.

Even if set to permanent display, the clock disappears 5 seconds after closing the clear view case.

After many searches, or changes in settings, it does not work.

I notice many other users with the same problem (see the last comments on the google "Samsung Always on Display" apps, for example the user "Rv Geho"), so it must be a bug from the update.

Go to solution
40 REPLIES 40
DannyT
Options

Hi all,

So we made our Development Team aware of this issue, and they have now got back to us.

"This issue has been fixed and a new software version will be released soon. Please make sure your phone is completely up to date.

Until the new software version is released, you can change the setting Settings > Lock screen > Always showing > Don't show when cover is closed to ON to avoid problems."

Thanks for your patience whilst we got this looked at!

Welcome to the Community!

Lydon
First Poster
Options
Will the issue be fixed through next monthly security patch or AOD software update?
0 Likes
Brendan_DJ
Student
Options

Any idea when the update with this fix will be made available?  Ive just performed another system update literally a few minutes ago (7:30BST Thu 23 May) and the clock still goes blank after closing the clearview cover.  Toggling the "Don't show when cover closed" option does nothing.

Are we talking days? weeks?

Thanks

Brendan

Onken
Apprentice
Options

You got the May update. By the time this was rolled out the issue hasn't been reported so I guess it should be some extra fix rolled out. 

0 Likes
MrTimS
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Samsung admit its a software fault which means I wasted about 2 hours last night messing with settings (which I did because the last update turned it off but was recoverable). Unhappy.

0 Likes
TH08
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with my S8+. No change in settings can fix this. I've used hours searching around and changing settings. 

0 Likes
exipno_agathi
Student
Options

Same here with S8. My support told me the classic... " restore to factory default ". Gues what. Nothing happened! I hope they release the fix soon because otherwise clearview cover will be almost useless.

0 Likes
Datarolf
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

There was a new update distributed here in Sweden Monday 27th, but unfortunately it did not fix the dark clearcase problem. So I am hoping for a better fix!

Rolf J / Stockholm

0 Likes
Widget1
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my s9. In addition to this though, I've noticed that my torch doesn't stay on after the cover is closed. Don't know if related but seems to have started around the same time as I got this update...anyone else noticed this?

0 Likes
Lydon
First Poster
Options
The same issue with the torch on S8+. Torch is being deactivated within seconds after closing Clear View cover.
Impression from latest updates is horrible.
0 Likes