Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S view after oreo update

(Topic created on: 11-07-2018 01:30 PM)
Grantwyllie
Journeyman
Options

Anyone else not able to make calls or take photos whilst using the s view cover after updating to oreo?  

It was really useful to be able to take photos with the cover closed and have a small screen to view the picture. After this update my 20 quid phone cover is pretty useless. How do you downgrade??

71 REPLIES 71
Por2gal
Journeyman
Options

so I was told to back up my data from my phone, then do a complete reset of the phone.

this freed up any hiccups and allowed my S View window to be restored to my chosen picture.

this did not however add the 'old' icons visible in S View window.  

0 Likes
rider666
Student
Options

so much bloatware on the galaxy phones and then they remove the useful stuff.

and even worse, they make you troubleshoot their product to no result.

i'm unbelievably angry.

maitecastr
Student
Options
Got an update yesterday on my A5 2017 but nothing yet. This is very very frustrating
0 Likes
Jd41
Apprentice
Options

T mobile updated my s7 to  oreo NOW MY S VIEW DOES NOT WORK.  

0 Likes
Jd41
Apprentice
Options
Just got update and same poll problem.
SAMSUNG please fix OR LET ME GO BACK TO 7.0!!
Jd41
Apprentice
Options

T mobile updated my s7 to  oreo NOW MY S VIEW DOES NOT WORK.  

Also battery life is less than a day.  Previously over 1 day!!!

0 Likes
rider666
Student
Options

take this as an example how to loose customers, samsung. i bought the s2, now i'm at the s7 and i am evaluating the Essential’s PH-1 thanks to your shenanigans.

Petersea
Apprentice
Options

Having written to the CEO of Samsung UK & Ireland in the first week of may complaining of the problem with the Oreo upgrade, it is still not working, I contacted service departments and they suggested doing a factory reset, as others have been told to do. Don't do that not only is it a pain to do it also makes no difference. Samsung must have known about this issue for some time now, especially as more and more people are complaining on this forum on a daily basis. Yet as far as I can see Samsung has made no comments about it. Surly any company that thinks anything about there customers would at least warn them before doing the upgrade. Anyhow the good news is I have fixed my problem, I have got rid of the phone although it's only 3 or 4 months old now and bought a Huawei P20PRO  seems a much better phone than the Samsung and unlike Samsung it does what they advertise it to do. As a family we have one more Samsung phone and 3 Samsung tablets hopefully to be replaced this year if the Huawei phone goes okay without any problems that's what I will be sticking with in the future. I will never buy or recommend any Samsung product again.

PeterSfa
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. S-View do not work after update.
I have cleared the cach and made every reset there exist in the phone.
This is not a phoneproblem, this is a miss, a bug in the software

S7cover
Student
Options

Hello, same problem on S7 and view. It was very useful to take a picture without opening the lid...

Hope it will be back very soon!