Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Always On Display on A5 (2017) with clear view cover

(Topic created on: 29-09-2017 06:33 AM)
dima_ant
Student
Options

Hi!

I have recently bought a new Samsung galaxy A5 (2017) and a Samsung clear view cover and I can see that Always On Display (AOD) feature doesn't work with the display when the phone is covered by it. If the phone is not covered with the Clear view cover the AOD functions fine.

What can be the problem and can I fix it somehow?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @dima_ant

Unfortunatley I’ve read quite a few posts across forums where the case seems to override the AOD feature. 

Some removed the small magnet and that appeared to let AOD work !

Also some have reported the case can scratch the screen and advise to use a screen protector with it.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
dima_ant
Student
Options

Thank you for info! It's a good idea to remove the magnet. I'll try to comunicate with samsung support about the issue today. 

Regarding scratches in the version of the Clear view cover for A5 2017 it's not a problem luckily, becase the cover has its adges covered with sylicon. I've covered the screen with a protection stretch though :smiling-face:

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're welcome. 

I'm not convinced it's a problem with the case but instead how it's designed to work with the phone. 

I always use Screen Protectors myself too to avoid accidents and keep the resale value of my phone as high as possible. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes