Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing Samsung A51 5G with Bowers&Wilkins PX5

(Topic created on: 21-10-2020 12:31 PM)
Paulo_Inacio
First Poster
Options

Pairing my SAMSUNG A51 5G with my Bowers&Wilkins PX5 has been a nightmare. Sometimes the headphones connect immediately other times they just don't connect.

With other devices like Huawei Mate 10 lite or P 30 lite is easy and smooth.

I also noticed that Bluetooth on A51 5G does not have or support aptX™.

The B&W PX5 Bluetooth Codecs are:

aptX™ Adaptive; aptX™ HD; aptX™ Classic; AAC and SBC.

The B&W PX5 Bluetooth Profiles are:

A2DP v1.3.1; AVRCP v1.6.1; HFP v1.7.1; HSP v1.2 and BLE GATT (Generic Attribute Profile).

SAMSUNG Bluetooth Profiles are:

A2DP and LE.

Is this the reason for this situation? Will SAMSUNG upgrade Bluetooth software to support aptX™?

What should be done to pair the B&W PX5 with A51 5G? Can you help me?

Thanks

Paulo Inácio

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Paulo_Inacio 

Did you manage to get any further with this?

0 Likes
Paulo_Inacio
First Poster
Options

Hello ChrisM,

I received messages from SAMSUNG and B&W:

- SAMSUNG does not preview a software update for Bluetooth.

- And B&W answered: "Our team is making some research but for the moment what we have found is that this Samsung phone as a few Bluetooth and Wi-Fi bugs outstanding that is more than likely the cause of this issue you are is experiencing.

It appears that Samsung cannot currently operate two wireless profiles simultaneously.

Furthermore, the fact we have received no other complaints matching this description and you have the PX5 working without issue with other phones/devices suggests that this is a bug with the Samsung phone and not our headphones."

I was able to pair the headphones B&W PX5, the Smart Watch Huawei GT2 and earbuds JBL Reflect Flow with my SAMSUNG. However, if I connect the JBL earbuds then I have to turn off and on the SAMSUNG Bluetooth to connect the B&W headphones. It is the same if the B&W headphones are connected first.

Probably B&W statement is correct, probably SAMSUNG Bluetooth has some bugs that should be solved.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Would you be able to send an Error Report through to our Developers using the Samsung Members app on your phone within 15 minutes of the issue occurring? This will enable us to look into this further for you?

0 Likes