Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 (Note8) apps greyed out after moving to SD card

(Topic created on: 26-08-2018 10:21 AM)
Brandon2
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I recently moved some Apps from the phone's internal memory to my SD card. Since then, those apps have greyed out icons in the apps list and have an Android robot with SD written on it. It's strange as the apps are correct on the Home screen and under 'Settings - Applications' but not in the full list (i.e. when you swipe up from the Home screen). I've tried unmounting and remounting the SD card but it still hasn't fixed the error. I've spoken with Google Play but they say it's a Samsung problem. Can anyone please help? Thanks. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Brandon2.

Let's try a soft reset on the phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts.

0 Likes
Brandon2
Apprentice
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @Brandon2.

Let's try a soft reset on the phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts.

Hi Chris, thanks for your help. I've tried the soft reset but still hasn't worked. 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Are you still able to open the apps, @Brandon2?

0 Likes
Brandon2
Apprentice
Options

Yes, @ChrisMThe apps work fine, both when I open them with the correct icon or the greyed out Android one.

0 Likes
Brandon2
Apprentice
Options

@ChrisM, strange thing happened yesterday. Turned in Power Save, mobile then ran out of battery power. When I repowered the phone and switched to normal settings, the phone stated I needed to reboot to initiate something (sorry, I don't remember what it was but I think it was a 4 letter abbreviation). I did not reboot but noticed that the app icons were fixed. This morning, having rebooted my mobile the apps have gone back to the Android greyed out versions! Does this help? 

0 Likes