Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no sim card

(Topic created on: 31-01-2018 05:38 PM)
Zacc
Journeyman
Options

Manual says there is a small hole on the sim card tray of my j5 galaxy 2017 to get the sim card out but on my phone there isn't one

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Zacc
Journeyman
Options

Apologies to everyone for being such a dumbo! When I went to the EE shop the guy removed the sim card in a trice. Can you believe that where I was poking the pin was actually the COVER of the phone. The cover was on very tight and I thought it was the outside of the phone and in the place where the sim card slot is located there was a raised bit, about a centimetre long, on the cover and this is where I'd been poking the pin. Sorry about that guys. Btw, I'm 70 this year, so maybe I'm slowing down and can be excused(?)

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Zacc

It should be as per samsung faq.

Who supplied the phone  ?

What country are you in ?

Can you take a picture of the side of your phone where the sim card slot is and upload it here. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Zacc
Journeyman
Options

Hi BandofBrothers

Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for the link. However, I'd already checked out the manual and unfortunately I've been unable to find the hole in the tray for the pin to go into. I don't understand this, as I watched the guy in the EE shop install the sim in the tray by first getting the tray to spring out by using the pin. I'm intending to return to the EE shop tomorrow so they can show me how to use the pin to remove the sim card. I've tried poking the pin all around the tray area, as there is no hole visible, but all to no avail.

I bought the phone on ebay and I'm in the UK. I'm unable to supply a photo of the side of the phone because the only camera I have is on the phone itself. The phone arrived with most of the documentation in Italian, so I don't know if my problems have anything to do with that. Anyway, thanks again for trying to help.

Zacc

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Youre very welcome for my reply. 

If the ee rep sprung the sim card tray then that points towards an ejection pin hole so yes going back there is the best idea. 

Please let us know how you get on with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Zacc
Journeyman
Options

Will do.

0 Likes
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@Zacc

Here's a YouTube guide showing you how to remove the sim tray? It's on the side of the phone, are you saying there's no pin hole on the sim tray or no tray there altogether? j5 2017 Sim Tray removal guide.

Solution
Zacc
Journeyman
Options

Apologies to everyone for being such a dumbo! When I went to the EE shop the guy removed the sim card in a trice. Can you believe that where I was poking the pin was actually the COVER of the phone. The cover was on very tight and I thought it was the outside of the phone and in the place where the sim card slot is located there was a raised bit, about a centimetre long, on the cover and this is where I'd been poking the pin. Sorry about that guys. Btw, I'm 70 this year, so maybe I'm slowing down and can be excused(?)

John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

Hahaha no worries @Zacc, and you're certainly not the first person I've know to leave the protective paper on and it to cause issues, I've known someone to return a phone because it wasn't loud enough and it turned out they had the protective paper over the speaker, and age has nothing to do with it because this person was in their 20s, glad you got it though, thanks for the update, and now enjoy your new phone.