Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY A33 5G

(Topic created on: 13-12-2022 11:12 PM)
Members_mTLQ62K
First Poster
Options

Hi

Just bought a new Galaxy A33 5G from my local O2 shop today.

I have had 4 other Galaxy phones before and have liked them all.

But tonight when I got home I discovered that you do not get a charger with the phone and the cable supplied has the same connections at both ends so I am stuck tonight with a phone which now has 12% left and I cannot charge it!!!!

My old phone charger for an A10 doesn't work and neither does other chargers I have used over the years.

Also I now cannot plug my phone into my pc ports as the connectors on the supplied cable are too small.

Can someone advise what is the best thing to do?

Just order a charger from Amazon?

And what do I do regarding connecting my phone to my pc to download photos ?

Cheers

Bob   

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
Hey,

From 2020, it sort of became the norm to not include the charge block in the box, only the cable.

You can either buy a usbc charger from Samsung, so its original or buy an anker one from the likes of amazon 🙂
0 Likes
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
In terms of transferring photos, you can use Samsung smart switch on the pc and connect it the cable to your phone, but you will need a usbc to usba connector, so it plugs into your pc, unless you're lucky enough to have a usbc port.
0 Likes
Members_mTLQ62K
First Poster
Options

Hi 

Thanks for your reply but am not really sure what you mean there.

I used to just plug my phone into my pc as the other end of the provided cable went into the ports on my pc now the end does not fit. 

0 Likes
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
That means you need a usbc to usba adapter.

Usbc is the newer oval like shape

Usba is the older rectangular shape
0 Likes