Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nadz

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 12:01 PM)
Nadzy
Explorer
Options
Hi I've just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S9 for the S20 which arrived yesterday.  However there was no earphones in the box.  I was speaking with an operative of my network who was trying to tell me that Samsung and Apple are no longer supplying  earphones with their devices, which doesn't sound right to me. I have put in a complaint and a new device is being shipped out to me.   

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. 

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
Nadzy
Explorer
Options
I guess this is one way to push the new PodsLive
0 Likes
Nadzy
Explorer
Options
As I'm trying out this S20 with it's triple cameras. I'm not YET convinced. One of the things I LOVED about the S9 was the sharpness of the camera.

If you have the S20 what do you think of the camera?
0 Likes
pickmybrain
Pathfinder
Options
within the in box content which can be seen on the Samsung website it does state that headphones are not included.
Nadzy
Explorer
Options
Ok. I got mine as an upgrade from my phone provider site and it doesn't state that it isnt. Something to look out for when talking future upgrades I guess! Sounds in keeping with the push on customers to purchase the new BUDSLIVE as there's no port to insert ordinary Buds.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Nadzy: Sorry to hear that you experienced this issue. For clarity, the Galaxy S20 should contain the following items/accessories out of the box.

- Galaxy S20 with embedded battery

- USB-C cable

- 25W Super Fast Charger

- SIM Tool

- AKG Headphones

- Documentation

0 Likes
Strxberry
Student
Options
I think it does because mine came with earphones
0 Likes
Nadzy
Explorer
Options
Hi Andrew unfortunately not in mine. I have raised it with my service provider who have arranged to send a new phone. I'm just slightly concerned that it will arrive and will be the same problem. What's even more frustrating is that I see the folks you experience this is the US are able to call up a dedicated line and earphones are then sent out at no cost to the customer. Whereas here in the UK I feel we are then forced to purchase the Buds, which aren't the most economical of purchases. Perhaps this is a deliberate marketing strategy. Not very help for someone who uses their earphones a lot and to do work with.

#FrustratedMUCH#
0 Likes
shortarse
Apprentice
Options
no earphones with my new s20 fe. plus if I had perchest it after 26th December they would of been free! I had my phone 23rd December.
0 Likes
shortarse
Apprentice
Options
hi I did not have any headphones in my box. was disappointed has I use my phone for music if I'm having a panic attack. luckily I managed to use my spare ones from another make. 😥
0 Likes
Nadzy
Explorer
Options
Which country are you in? I ask only because I'm in the UK and got mine as an upgrade via my mobile network provider. I tried to do it in December however there was a shortage on the phones so I was advised to try again in the new year which I did. When going via the route I did the network provider's website gives no information about there not being earphones in the box. So I just took it as read that selling a device for talking and listening to music, earphones WOULD come as standard. I use my phone not just for music and/or Podcastung but also for work. So now I have to go for an additional expense of purchasing the buds, as the new phones have no outlet to connect my other earphones to. I also note that in the US customs are given a number to call to request the earphones which are sent at no extra cost to the customer. Thinking about whether I ACTUALLY want to even keep the phone now or send it back. Hmmmmm decisions decisions. Seems like we are being driven down the road of paying more for less. Have been a faithful Samsung user for nearly 25 years so a tad disappointed.
0 Likes