Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing promotional item and circular support hell!

(Topic created on: 17-11-2021 04:39 PM)
fgpsmith
Apprentice
Options

Last week I bought a Galaxy Watch 4. I was finally tipped into purchase by a special "singles day" offer. Free buds with any Galaxy watch 4.

The watch arrived promptly - but no buds. I've been chasing the buds ever since. I've been transferred from support, to promotions to support to promotions to shop support and round and round. I've spent getting on for 2 hours on the phone and I'm no closer to getting any buds.

The offer expired, so no one at Samsung can see it on the web site (even though I've sent the screenshot below),  I've been told the buds should have been added to the basket (obviously they weren't).

Everyone seems to want to transfer the problem somewhere else or simply say if they weren't delivered there's nothing that can be done now. 

Even the face book team ended up directing to phone numbers I've already called.

For an organisation of Samsung's size one pair off bubs can't be a major expenditure but no one seems to want to take responsibility for getting my problem sorted out.

I'm posting here in the vain hope someone might be able to direct me to a person or department that will activly engage.

offer.png

6 REPLIES 6
Members_KtlKWPt
Student
Options

I am in exactly the same situation as you, I can't help, but I am having identical issues, identical promotion, identical circular support hell.

I am going to send the watch back shortly!!

fgpsmith
Apprentice
Options

I like the watch but I'm on the verge of sending it back to. Got as far as a lady organising a pick up with a refund taking 7-10 working days after it's back at the warehouse!

She did then say she would speak to her boss and see if she could get anything sorted, but no contact since and that was last Thursday.

You could try mailing uk(dot)president(at)samsung(dot)com . I did get an auto reply from there (see below). But I'm not holding my breath.

Confirmation of receipt by Samsung Presidential Escalations

Thank you for your e-mail.
Our office will endeavour to provide an initial acknowledgement or full response (where possible) within 24 hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm).
Thereafter response times will be set out by the acting representative based on the complexity of the case and time required to fully investigate.

0 Likes
Members_KtlKWPt
Student
Options

I had a further call today, they offered £30 voucher which takes the watch price to the same as Black Friday price, but certainly not the same level as galaxy buds.

I am not letting them get away with this and arranged a return, which will cost them - but ultimately I lose out.

0 Likes
fgpsmith
Apprentice
Options

They haven't even offered me a voucher

0 Likes
fgpsmith
Apprentice
Options

Latest response I've received is:

This is just a quick update regards your query, I have checked that we do not have any visibility on the employee portal. However if the free Galaxy buds 2 is not a claim therefore it should added to your cart automatically upon placing the order but if the Galaxy buds 2 are not showing to your card upon placing the order therefore the item is not available in stock cause that promotion is until stock lasts.

I hope I've helped answer your query. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to respond to this email thread.

If it's out of stock the promotion should have been removed!

So looks like it's time to fire up a small claims court application which will surely cost them more in lawyers time than just honouring the promotion.

0 Likes
fgpsmith
Apprentice
Options

Final update .... I won

0 Likes