Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear and Mobile double counting my steps

(Topic created on: 05-06-2019 03:46 AM)
kalleykat11
First Poster
Options

So I have had my gear sport for nearly a year. I usually have my samsung health app set to only count steps on my gear sport because I wear it all the time except when I am showering (that is when I charge it.) All of a sudden, this afternoon it switched to "all steps" on its own. Problem is that this makes it double count the steps when I have my phone on me. My gear sport has only 6800 steps on it. But my app says 9700 steps. And I only took my watch off in the shower so the 6800 steps is accurate. When I try to switch the app from "all steps" to my wearable device, the gear sport no longer shows up as an option. The only options are "all steps," "mobile phone," or "gearfit 2." I haven't used my gearfit 2 for a year. I am a health and wellness coach so I would really like my app to be accurate. How do I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Joball
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue,  I contacted Samsung via fb messaging and they sent me here,so far all I can see to do is pause the steps on Samsung health,which is annoying as then my watch wont upload my actual steps and then myfitnesspal doesn't get my steps and calories burnt.. I hope Samsung sort this quick

0 Likes
unnthor
First Poster
Options

In the Samsung Health app it says about the counting of All steps "If your phone and watch are connected, your total step count will be automatically calculated based on the steps recorded by both device." One would think this either means total steps counted by both devices or average step count of both devices. Right now my watch step count is 4794, my mobile step count is 5305 but my All steps is 5902, which is neither total nor average. This is very weird.

I wish Samsung would fix this so that the average step count is shown, and when I am not wearing a watch only the mobile step count is recorded and vice versa. That way you could see an accurate measure of your daily steps, which is what people what. Who cares about the total steps of the devices...

0 Likes
Darknstormy
First Poster
Options

Pause your mobile steps ( which does not unpause untill you say so). Meaning even when you restard your phone.  Bingo only steps from you wearables will show