Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Smart tag is not working

(Topic created on: 08-03-2021 02:17 AM)
Bstoel
First Poster
Options

I received a galaxy smarttag free in a Samsung promotion, but it doesn't work. I followed the suggestion in "Smart Things" app which said to reset it by opening it, resetting the battery while holding the button, but it didn't make a noise. I tried another CR2032 battery but still nothing. 

24 REPLIES 24
Members_BTWcpni
First Poster
Options

I tried to do as followed, as i had seen in other places, the problem is... i can't delete it from the smart things. i just won't let me delete it. when i press the 3 dots and press delete, the red line isn't available to click, so i can't even remove it from my account.

0 Likes
DoubleA
Student
Options
So, I had an issue where my tag was completely dead on arrival. Tried opening and resetting to no avail. I got in contact with the customer service from the promotions page and they were quick to respond, sent a shipping label, fully paid, I sent it back and they're shipping a replacement. My phone was purchased through Vodafone and I made the claim for the gifts through the promotions page. But it's been a simple resolution

Can't say the same if you've purchased through Samsung, sounds like it's been a bit more difficult. But wanted to share my experience.
0 Likes
FragRed
Apprentice
Options

smarttags.. even when connected properly.. they only work less then half the time when finding your devices... terrible product. 

liweichen6
First Poster
Options

I'm already on the 1.7.60.23 version, but SmartTag doesn't even appear on the "add device" page, and scanning the QR code shows invalid.

Screenshot_20210309-162549_SmartThings.pngScreenshot_20210309-162539_SmartThings.png

0 Likes
Predrag
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem on the Note 10+ on 2 smart tags purchased through ebay.
One from the US and the other from the French market while on the 2017 SM-A520F
they work without any problems.
On the Note 10+ Smart things application recognizes the Smart tag and starts connecting to it.
It asks to press the button on the tag and connect to it, but after that it does not display the smart tag in the smart things application,it can only be seen that it is connected in the smart things find, but that it is offline, the smart tag setting cannot be accessed.
What's worse is that the smart tag can't be deleted from the current account and linked to a different account on another phone.
The only solution I've found is to delete Home in the smart tings application on the first device, which results in deleting all other settings on that account, so all devices must be installed from scratch.
When connecting to the 2017 A5, the software on the smart tag is updated so that in my opinion the problem is not with the software or hardware on the Smart tag, but with the operating system on the phone.

Galaxy Note10+ SM-N975F/DS
One UI version 3.1
Android 11

0 Likes
Members_CYEbstz
First Poster
Options

Mine was working fine but now beeps every few hours. It's on my dog so he's just as annoyed as me!

0 Likes
Predrag Martinovic
First Poster
Options

The good news is that deleting my samsung account and activating
a new one at the same email address solved my application problems.
I did the following:
In the SmartThings application 3 points upper right corner
Menage locations
Remove location
Then 3 horizontal lines upper left corner
Character settings next to Samsung account
Leave SmartThings
Then the Home screen Setings
Applications
SmartThings app
Force stop
Storage
Clear cache
Clear data
Back
Uninstall app
Restart the phone
Then I logged in to my samsung account on pc
deleted all my devices and permanently deleted the account
After that I registered a new account at the same email address
Set up two-step mobile phone verification
Then logged in on my cell phone
Installed the SmartThings application
Added devices and services everything works great for now 😊

0 Likes
AT0804
First Poster
Options
Thought I'd share my fix for this. Reset by taking out the battery and pressing the button but had all the above problems. Decided to restart my phone and this worked straight away. Found the tag without having to go into smart things. Another thing is make sure it isn't in flight mode and Bluetooth is on.
0 Likes
Andrew_C_W
First Poster
Options
I have a new, paid for, smart tag. When I press the button I get a noise. But the smart things app will not register it.

I have tried the reset suggestion, remove battery, press button, insert battery with button pressed. I eventually get a noise, but it still won't register.

I was about to buy a few more, but not if this is typical.
0 Likes
Andrew_C_W
First Poster
Options
Jeez. After posting, a saw the suggestion to reboot the phone. That got muddled with an update, but at the end I open Smarthings and there's my Smart Tag. Registering took a few mins and I am up and running.
0 Likes