Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Smart tag is not working

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 02:06 PM)
Bstoel
First Poster
Options

I received a galaxy smarttag free in a Samsung promotion, but it doesn't work. I followed the suggestion in "Smart Things" app which said to reset it by opening it, resetting the battery while holding the button, but it didn't make a noise. I tried another CR2032 battery but still nothing. 

24 REPLIES 24
ChrisS21U
Apprentice
Options

I have a similar issue. Battery is definitely ok but says connection lost or confirm the connection and I've tried every single way it asks me. Just pressing the button repeatedly seems to get it to connect for a bit longer but then it fails beflre it even gets to 50%. This is hard work for something brand new that you would expect to be seamless. New phone s21 ultra with new accessory that is useless

Ekthorn
Explorer
Options
Hi, same issue here and a few others describing it at this thread

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/accessories/cannot-connect-to-smarttag/td-p/2736618

no solutions yet though
0 Likes
Ekthorn
Explorer
Options
I've also tried repeatedly pressing it and noticed the same result, it stayed connecting a bit longer to approx 40-45% registering device before failing again. Always one of these two errors

Screenshot_20210130-102611_SmartThings_372.jpg

Screenshot_20210130-102544_SmartThings_369.jpg

ChrisS21U
Apprentice
Options
that's exactly the same as what I get.
0 Likes
x1x15
First Poster
Options

Having same problem, and same error codes, as everyone above... This is very annoying for a new piece of tech that should easily connect.

Ekthorn
Explorer
Options
Unfortunately still having the problem. I've been back and forth with Samsung support for a while but a brief summary would be:

Both smartthings support and technical services tell me the tag is faulty. Promotions can't deal with my issue as it came directly from Samsung when I bought my phone. Sales is apparently the right place to get support but they refuse to exchange or replace it as apparently their system won't let them do this for promotional items.

Good luck with yours hope you can sort it!
0 Likes
Ekthorn
Explorer
Options
oh and as it's a new product lots of sales people have limited ability to help with it and its also not listed on the repairs page as I found out when one sales support guy told me to try and book it in for repair 🤣
0 Likes
mistermatt
Pioneer
Options

I had the same issue (no sound when pressing the button on the tag). At first I did the procedure in the app to reinit the tag with no success. 

After that I removed the battery all night and after putting the battery again it finally worked. I guess removiy the battery 2 or 3 minutes should do it.

0 Likes
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
If the Samsung Galaxy SmartTag is not working as expected, reset the device using these steps in the SmartThings app.

1. Select the device
2. Tap (⋮)
3. Choose Edit
4. Select Delete Device

If this does not resolve the issue, try the following steps to physically reset the Samsung Galaxy SmartTag.

1. Open the battery cover on the device and remove the battery
2. Press the button on the center of the device
3. While still holding the button down, reinsert the battery
a. If the device makes a sound right after inserting the battery, try these steps again
4. Hold the button for five (5) seconds, then release
5. Replace the battery cover and the device should now be reset

If the problem is not resolved by the steps above, contact Samsung Support.