Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 support for RJ45 to micro USB adapter

(Topic created on: 12-04-2022 12:51 PM)
Cadwell Parker
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone knows of an adapter I can use to connect my Galaxy S6 phone to an RJ45 terminated cable. I need to use an app for live diagnosis on my car and already have a cable which connects the car to my laptop. Ideally I'd like to use the cable to connect to the phone so I'm going to need an adapter. I just want to see if anyone else has done this and can recommend one before I start spending money on something that might not work. I contacted Samsung Support via live chat who told me it probably isn't possible and recommended to always use official Samsung cables. Maybe someone here knows something more...?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
What app is it you are using for live diagnosis and what car?
I use a subscription free version of Carista for my vw golf mk5 and mk6....its Bluetooth so no cables needed
Here is a link to my youtube video
https://youtu.be/QWOo__GMVPU
0 Likes
Cadwell Parker
Apprentice
Options

I was going to Bimmertool to check DPF ash mass in my BMW 5 series.

http://bimmer-tool.com/

I know I can connect via an OBD adapter but as I already have a cable to connect my laptop I'd like to avoid having to buy anything else unless I have to.

0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you have a Bluetooth obd reader? You can use carista subscription free to check condition of your dpf on bmw 5 series....you can get a carista compatible obd reader on ebay for around £16.....
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Bummer tool is either cable to laptop or Bluetooth obd reader to app you can't do cable to phone unfortunately
0 Likes
Cadwell Parker
Apprentice
Options

Hi Roger, Thanks for that. Just to let you know how things worked out, I had a look at your Carista video and then found Caristas adapter included in the list of supported adapters on Bimmertools site. It was much more reasonably priced than the others listed so I bought one. I've tried the Carista app but found it quite slow when connecting and reading the car when changing between different views. I even had a go at the free trial thinking I could code a few useful hidden options but it seems Carista can't unlock anything on my car which although disappointing wasn't really what I'd originally been looking at doing. I cancelled the trial and have paid for the full version of Bimmertool which I'm finding is working a lot better for me.

Thanks for the advice  😀

rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Carista was originally designed for VAG cars and bmw was added....glad you found a solution you are happy with 👍
0 Likes